Menu

Had to open my big mouth!

Live2Ride

So a friend recently posted about two little registered arabs she got from a farm near us. They will place horses that don't quite meet the criteria for show horses or just aren't cut out for it.

I teased that if they had an older one who was broke then I'd like to see it.

Of course they had one...silly me why would I have thought they didn't?!

A registered well broke 5 yr old chesnut gelding with a perfect star on his head who has been shown and placed pretty well, but not well enough for them to keep spending the money on at this point....

SERIOUSLY!?

So who is headed up there on Monday morning to take a test ride....yep....me....with trailer in tow because not having it after driving an hour over there and deciding I wanted him would mean another trip and be a big fat waste of gas :tongue_smilie:

As a suburb girl who has recently moved to a semi-rural area...that is sooo cool! Going out to buy a stinkin' horse!!!! I mean I can see going out to buy a car or a computer or heading to a hot new restaurant, but out to buy a horse?! Awesome.

As a suburb girl who has recently moved to a semi-rural area...that is sooo cool! Going out to buy a stinkin' horse!!!! I mean I can see going out to buy a car or a computer or heading to a hot new restaurant, but out to buy a horse?! Awesome.

Best part is...I don't have to buy him if I like him...he's being given to me :hurray: :) We are blessed to live where we do. I love it even if the rain is making more mud than I can stand this year, lol

Holy cow that barn is amazing! And what a wonderful opportunity! You know you must post photos of him, right? ;) :D

And if you look behind that barn, there is a gray roof line. That is their seriously large covered arena with a full wood panel round pen towards one end! They've got a hot walker under cover as well. Can I just move in?!

Will this horse be willing to slum it?

After living there, whatEVER you have at home will be equivalent to "a cardboard box in the middle of the road."

Both my dd's want/wanted a horse.

They were told yes, you can have one, just wait until you've grown up and moved out and get it.

Good on you, good luck and extra good luck at trying to be sensible when you see it.

And if you look behind that barn, there is a gray roof line. That is their seriously large covered arena with a full wood panel round pen towards one end! They've got a hot walker under cover as well. Can I just move in?!

Seriously! What my DD wouldn't give to have that arena to work in (truth be that she'd give anything to have ANY kind of arena. lol We have no flat space here to put one up.) Shoot! That setup is nicer than my home. Looks like they have enough room... I think I'll move in, too. :lol:

Will this horse be willing to slum it?

After living there, whatEVER you have at home will be equivalent to "a cardboard box in the middle of the road."

Both my dd's want/wanted a horse.

They were told yes, you can have one, just wait until you've grown up and moved out and get it.

Good on you, good luck and extra good luck at trying to be sensible when you see it.

Too funny! My dd is lucky and I know she doesn't realize how lucky she is since we've had a horse with us as far back as she can remember.

Yeah, I do have a large four stall very new metal barn with a tack/feed room, storage room and hay area. Granted it doesn't belong to me, but my gracious neighbor lets me use it as he won't and it belonged to his wife, my best friend, who passed in late 2011.

I am very fortunate for good neighbors.