Menu

nm

Guest inoubliable

We're with USAA as well, and DH always scans our checks with his iPhone and deposits them electronically. Would that be an option for you? I don't know the details because DH handles that for us, but I know they have info about that option on their website. If you don't have a phone that can scan, you might be able to use your printer's scanning capability to do it (not sure if that's an option - just throwing that out there).

This won't be immediately helpful, but there is no charge to order deposit slips from USAA. Unless they changed their policy quite recently. It's in the drop down menu titled "I want to" or something like that when you click on the account you want to deposit into. Also, do you have a scanner or smart phone? I think you can deposit online with one of those.

Mobile app is out for us. From their website: "

You must have a USAA checking or savings account and:

Have an active USAA property and casualty insurance policy and be qualified for a USAA loan or credit card (not a USAA Secured Card).

OR

Be eligible for USAA property and casualty insurance and have an active USAA loan orcredit card (not a USAA Secured Card)."

Not eligible for a loan or credit card with them. And, I don't think we're eligible for any insurance with them, either, since we're not military members.

I didn't see this before I posted but don't assume about not being eligible for insurance. They expanded that program a couple years back. I'm not military and neither is my husband. I'm a former dependent and we are eligible for everything and do almost everything through them.

Also, they have truly amazing customer service. You could just call them and see what they say.

I don't think we're eligible for any insurance with them, either, since we're not military members.

Oh! I think you can get renter's insurance with them, or homeowner's. Also, auto and life. It may not help right now, but it would definitely be worth comparing with your current rates - could be a pleasant surprise. We are not military members either. :)

I'm not military and neither is my husband. I'm a former dependent and we are eligible for everything and do almost everything through them.

Also, they have truly amazing customer service. You could just call them and see what they say.

Yes! This. We love USAA.

Do you have an iphone? USAA has an app to deposit checks. You just take a picture of the check (both sides) on a black background, and it's immediately in your account.

Do you have a regular scanner? You log in to the USAA website then we just scan both sides of the check. It should post to your account pretty much immediately. Just did dcs xmas checks. Easy.

Do you have a home scanner?

At the USAA website under Account Services click on Deposit Home. It takes a few minutes to set up but works just fine.

You can also make your own deposit slip... just write a note stating that the enclosed check is to be deposited into ___ account.

Include your mailing address, account number and USAA number

Sign the check, write 'Deposit Only USAA FSB' then account number on back

Address is found on front of your own check (did you check back of check book for deposit slips) or on website.

I do this all the time-- no problems getting checks deposited.

Do you know anyone who could cash the check for you at their own bank, such as a friend or relative? I do this all the time for people visiting us who need to get some cash. Endorse the check over to the person on the back (such as: Pay to the order of John Doe) and sign your name. Have them cash the check for you at their bank. It's small enough that most people's accounts should cover the check until it's clear.

Is the check drawn on Bank of America? Could you cash it there? I know sometimes they charge a fee to cash their own checks if you don't have an account there.

I'm sorry about your friend's debit card. That's really tough.

You know what? I actually can't tell what bank it's drawn off of. The address says:

CHECKING ACCOUNT OVERDRAFT ADMINISTRATOR

C/O RUST CONSULTING, INC.

PO BOX 2425

FARIBAULT, MN 55021-9125

And next to that it says US Bank. I'm guessing US Bank is the issuing bank? I've never heard of them. I just looked up a website for US Bank and there are no branches within 100 miles of where I live.

I guess it looks like mail deposit is your best bet. I know some mentioned UPS. Could that work?