Menu

14 year old boys are idiots

swellmomma

My mother told me that the main thing with boys in their teens is to keep them alive.

your mother was right.

and FTR if your son comes to you asking for polysporin and a bandaid while holding his crotch. Don't even ask, just point him to the medicine cabinet. :svengo:

And try not to laugh until he leaves the room. :D

totally failed on that one. I made the mistake of asking, and then busted out laughing. I swear I am saving this stuff for ammo for his graduation, wedding day, telling my grandkids etc. Poor boy won't stand a chance with all the fodder he is giving me.

Last summer my best friend -- mother of one daughter-- annouced she finally understood what my life was like. After watching him run zig zag through ditches filled with nettles in shorts-- he was bored--then uncomfortable but aware of what he was doing to himself. Fun??? Spontaneously trip over his own feet and fall on his face--3 inches in a couple of months makes a boy very uncoordinated. Sleep there and back. He sleeps on her dds shoulder which is quite funny since they argue most of the time when he is awake. I can't wait for 14--will he lose what little comman sense he still has???

except it was the basement followed by a very loud yell. After a few of these I finally went down and warned them that I was too tired to go to emerg. that night.

I thought i was the only mom that tells her kids she is too busy for a trip to the ER so don't get hurt, once I told them no one was allowed to get seriously hurt because I was going to declutter the house, and it would be too messy for the emts to get through so the injured person would just have to lay there and die, so if they didn't want to die they should stop and think before their next action.

My mother told me that the main thing with boys in their teens is to keep them alive.

Like. :)

your mother was right. and FTR if your son comes to you asking for polysporin and a bandaid while holding his crotch. Don't even ask, just point him to the medicine cabinet. :svengo:

Ok, this totally sounds like something Zee would do, and he's only 9, LOL.

In my experience, 15 is no better. Can anyone out there give me hope for 16?

Yeah, 15 isn't any better.

I love my boys fiercely. But they do sometimes do things that make me make this face ----> :blink:

You guys are lucky. My identicals started around five and are still getting into stuff at 18.

Well ds started very young, but I thought things would improve not get worse. When he was small gramma always knew what he did wrong because it became the new home rule "we don't climb out windows" "we don't jump off the roof" " we don't climb into the neighbor's window" "we wear clothes outside" etc. Apparently this will be rule #1 of the teenaged handbook in our home

Seriously times like that I wish I still had a husband. Because some conversations should just never take place between a teen boy and his mom.