Menu

Outdoor toys for boys 9-13?

Beetkvass

My boys are ages 9-12.5. We really like to buy fun outdoor toys to counterbalance the indoor stuff. And my inlaws give us a chunk of money at Christmas to buy the kids stuff. I am coming up blank for my boys. Last year they got a metal detector and a slack line. We also have a zipline, swing set and trampoline. And this Christmas with the grandparent money we bought the younger girls ages 2.5 to 7 a seesaw and a Geometric Climbing Dome. But those two things really seem more for younger kids. It's getting hard to find stuff that they'd all like. I'd really love some outdoor toy suggestions. Thanks!

Stilts? Pogo Stick? Basketball hoop? Pitchback for baseball/soccer?

These and bikes, skateboards, scooters, rollerblades, football, soccer ball and goals, baseball gear, weights (small set for younger ds) field hockey equipment, tetherball set, punching bags and gloves (this is more of a garage or porch item, but still physical).

My boys are ages 9-12.5. We really like to buy fun outdoor toys to counterbalance the indoor stuff. And my inlaws give us a chunk of money at Christmas to buy the kids stuff. I am coming up blank for my boys. Last year they got a metal detector and a slack line. We also have a zipline, swing set and trampoline. And this Christmas with the grandparent money we bought the younger girls ages 2.5 to 7 a seesaw and a Geometric Climbing Dome. But those two things really seem more for younger kids. It's getting hard to find stuff that they'd all like. I'd really love some outdoor toy suggestions. Thanks!

No suggestions but it sounds like you already have an awesome place! My kids would love it!

I love the idea of an obstacle course! We do have a wooded area but it's in limbo right now with the DOT. Most of it's going to be taken by them for indefinite period of time and returned to us with or without the trees. It's a nightmare. We do have stilts, a scooter board, tether ball, 2 plasma cars that I think work like the flying turtle, the swing set is a wooden one with a little two story fort. My husband has always wanted to build a treehouse but we haven't gotten to it before now and with the land requisition we don't really have a place for it just yet. I also got the girls a pogo stick for Christmas. It was on their list and a good deal with really good reviews but it only holds up to 60 lbs. I do think the boys would like one but feel like a nut having two pogo sticks. Dh says it's maybe not too crazy if it's for 6 kids.

My oldest was recently given some older weights from his grandpa who is also giving him his adult bike. The kids do have a pile of bikes. I really like the idea of maybe punching bags. The bigger pogo stick might be easier though. We don't really have enough level space for soccer ball goals or a basketball hoop I'm afraid. Our land is really oddly shaped and hilly. Thanks for all the ideas! I'm going to be looking through the Hearth Song website tonight.