Menu

What's fair?? I had a drawing .....

I organized a holiday vendor event today and people could enter a drawing for a gift basket. We came home and I did the drawing. Let's say "Linda" won. But then I saw an extra entry (belonging to, say, "Kate") on the floor that wasn't in the box when I did the drawing. I felt like I should re-do the drawing to give Kate a shot, but what about Linda? I decided to have a drawing with just Linda's and Kate's entries (feeling like this was more fair to Linda, giving her a better shot at being drawn again without all the other entries in there -- since she'd already won over all of them -- but doing it this way gave Kate a better shot at winning than all the others had, too, so thinking back, I don't love this solution either). I drew Kate's name the second time I drew.

I'm not convinced this was the best solution. Is there even a "best" solution at this point or do I just let it go and let Kate be the winner? Or should it be Linda? Ugh. It's a really good gift basket, too, probably worth over $100.

Guest submarines

I think I'd just cancel the first draw due to technical difficulties, dump everything back into the drum and do a new draw. Frankly, I don't really understand your logic, but maybe I'm missing something.

I think I'd just cancel the first draw due to technical difficulties, dump everything back into the drum and do a new draw. Frankly, I don't really understand your logic, but maybe I'm missing something.

My logic is "I'm really tired because I stayed up until 1 a.m. prepping for this thing, then was on my feet for five hours during this thing, then managed a bake sale for an hour and a half at a local grocery store after this thing and I'm really tired" logic. :willy_nilly: I know there's not a great solution but I'm trying to come up with a good one.

Thanks everyone for your input.

My logic is "I'm really tired because I stayed up until 1 a.m. prepping for this thing, then was on my feet for five hours during this thing, then managed a bake sale for an hour and a half at a local grocery store after this thing and I'm really tired" logic. :willy_nilly: I know there's not a great solution but I'm trying to come up with a good one.

Girl, I've HAD those kind of logic lapses!!! Hope you can get some rest - sounds like the event was successful at any rate. :)

Guest submarines

Girl, I've HAD those kind of logic lapses!!! Hope you can get some rest - sounds like the event was successful at any rate. :)

I'm no stranger to logic lapses myself! In fact, most of today was filled with them.

Hugs to the OP.