Menu

Need a new vacuum...help me choose?

I do house cleaning and have for 10 years. I will only buy Hoover Windtunnels now. I have tried several different brands and types of vacuums and the bagged Hoovers are the best. I like that the attachments are right there and the bags make it not so messy, and they don't get clogged like bagless vacuums do.

My one and only vacuum love - Miele. They are amazing and last. They are pricey, but when ours breaks, we'll run out to buy a new one. Love it.

:iagree: I've only had mine since summer, but I love it. It does really well on my hard floors and carpets and I haven't even sprung for the power head yet.

I just got a SEBO, love it!! A bit pricey, but the only upright I could find that was lightweight, and had enough power for the tools. I got a free hose extension, so I have several feet of hose. I did look at Miele, the bags are small and expensive, and I didn't like the twisting upright. SEBO bags are huge and cheap, another plus.

I have two Electrolux machines: an upright for upstairs, which is all carpet (except for the bathrooms), and a cannister for downstairs, which is all hardwood and tile (except for some area rugs). I've been happy with them; they're both about 8yo.

:iagree:I have an inexpensive Electrolux upright. It has worked great for years!

I just had to get a new one a couple of weeks ago after my Shark Navigator (don't recommend) died. LOVE my new one. A Bissell Healthy Home. Gets A LOT up, good with pet hair, have two cats, one of them long haired, and helps with allergies a lot.

:iagree:

I have two Bissell Healthy Home vacs (one for the basement - I've had this one for over five years, and a newer one for upstairs). LOVE them - my sister, who owns a Dyson (the one for pet owners), said my vac easily does as well as hers. I've loaned my older Bissell HH to several friends, who returned it to me with lots of compliments about how well it got everything vacuumed up.

Two notes: I'd have preferred a bagged vac, although I'm sure I'd be groaning at the cost. Because we have four dogs and three indoor cats, my vacs pull up a lot of dirt; I'm sure I'd go through 2-4 bags a week. Also, if money is less of a concern, I'd definitely consider a Miele, although honestly, I'm very, very pleased with my Bissells.

My one and only vacuum love - Miele. They are amazing and last. They are pricey, but when ours breaks, we'll run out to buy a new one. Love it.

:iagree:Love my Miele, too. I've had it about 5 yrs now, and it's still going strong. My dd does housecleaning and she always takes my Miele, as she hasn't come across any client's vacuums that do as good a job.

I have contemplated getting a Roomba, just for the convenience! I'm not sure how it will match up though.