Menu

S/O names--Peter

So I asked my dh what he thought of the name Peter. He said the first thing he thought of was the saying, "...rob Peter to pay Paul". So, I guess both names are out for him.

FWIW, we had a heck of time agreeing on boys' names. I like the name Peter. But agree that it often refers to boy's thingies. Here, we call them "willies" so I guess William would be out, too?

I say if you like the name, go for it!

None of the people I know named Peter, including a child that I know, have ever experienced teasing for their name. Never. I know several Peters and am honestly perplexed by this.

Plus, I don't think we need to not name a child with a name we love just because of the bad manners of some poorly-trained children who may not even actually manifest at any point in the future.

None of the people I know named Peter, including a child that I know, have ever experienced teasing for their name. Never. I know several Peters and am honestly perplexed by this.

LOL Now that would be an interesting conversation starter..

"Hi Peter, I know we just met, and you are my boss's boss and all, but I must know.....Were you ever teased about being a pen!s?"

LOLOL sorry, but the Peters I new growing up, were teased, so were the Dicks, and kids with the last name Cox/Kocks, and other names like Rods and even a few Johnsons (during that craze). I hung out with the boys growing up, lived in 6 different states, so I don't think it was regional. The kids took it pretty good and I don't remember anyone seemingly over brutalized over it. But it did occur ( and no, I wasn't the one teasing them). I was teased about my name too, maybe that made me more aware of what was happening to other kids?

Plus, I don't think we need to not name a child with a name we love just because of the bad manners of some poorly-trained children who may not even actually manifest at any point in the future.

I agree 100% w/ both of these statements.

LOL Now that would be an interesting conversation starter..

"Hi Peter, I know we just met, and you are my boss's boss and all, but I must know.....Were you ever teased about being a pen!s?"

LOLOL sorry, but the Peters I new growing up, were teased, so were the Dicks, and kids with the last name Cox/Kocks, and other names like Rods and even a few Johnsons (during that craze). I hung out with the boys growing up, lived in 6 different states, so I don't think it was regional. The kids took it pretty good and I don't remember anyone seemingly over brutalized over it. But it did occur ( and no, I wasn't the one teasing them). I was teased about my name too, maybe that made me more aware of what was happening to other kids?

I agree. I don't think people would go around announcing everything they've been teased for. It's just not something that comes up in general conversation.