Do you send Christmas cards?  

1. 1. Do you send Christmas cards?

• Yes - card only.
    • Yes - card and photo(s)
    • Yes - card and letter
    • Yes - card, letter, photo(s)
    • Yes - online or email version
    • No
    • Other - I like marshmallows in my cocoa.

Dh has a vendor who makes us free photo cards each year. We provide the photo and text. I write a short 1/2 sheet family letter to go with it. We send them mostly to out-of-town relatives and a few friends, so only about 65 each year.

I love getting cards and save all the photos and letters in a binder.

yes. cards definitely. picture maybe. i've yet to decide. it's expensive these days to mail cards out.

This is us. We haven't decided yet. We'll probably send out a very limited number of photo cards and an email greeting.

We enjoy doing our photo card and letter. We have copies in a photo album from our 20+ years of marriage and we all love reading through the album every year. Our letter is more funny than braggy, sometimes poignant in the tough years. Dh loves photography and usually manages to get a nice family portrait. He adds a greeting in photoshop and we just get 4x6 prints--very cheap. Family and friends say they love getting them, we love doing them, so yeah, we'll continue with the tradition.

Thank you for the idea. Instead of paying the $35 for the vistaprint cards - I photoshopped a greeting onto our family photo, uploaded to Walmart, added a nice border and saved $28 doing it that way! I always send a Christmas letter - so it will be the letter, family pic and then I send wallets of the kids pics too.

We stopped for a few years after Ed's death--just couldn't figure out how to not make it all about that. However, we sent them out again last year. We'd had so many changes with the kids that we wanted to share. We will again this year, as I want to share dd's ship address.

I understand that. I almost didn't write a letter the year our son passed away, but I had many asking me to please continue - so I did. I still include him in my letters. As long as I am writing letters, there will be a place for my son in them.

Very cute card! Where did you find it?

:grouphug: Sorry about your rough year. Hopefully next year will be better.

Thanks! I make them using Photoshop. I love digiscrapping! Then I get them printed cheap at Costco. I do have to buy my own envelopes though. This lay out is called Glad Tidings.

Next year will be better. I have no doubt.