Menu

I heart Xtra Math!

Plink

Seriously, I thought it was going to be a dramatic flop. No cute cartoons? No music? No way! You can't get a decent result from a free program.

I was wrong. My dyslexic/struggling learner DD adores it and has finally begun to memorize her math facts (something we have been working on for years - really, YEARS)

That's all :D

It's fabulous, my 8yr old always es excited by how many smiley faces he gets in a row, and then they always check their score on the little graph to see whether it went up or not.

I can really see the difference it's making with math in general.

I love this resource AFTER I have TAUGHT the math facts using How to Tutor copywork and Professor B recitations. This TESTS more then TEACHES. Some students get overwhelmed. I turn it off and reteach with copywork and recitations and then put them back on and they are fine.

Great to hear... we just started it last week. One of my DD's is dyslexic praying I get good results too!!

Seriously, I thought it was going to be a dramatic flop. No cute cartoons? No music? No way! You can't get a decent result from a free program.

I was wrong. My dyslexic/struggling learner DD adores it and has finally begun to memorize her math facts (something we have been working on for years - really, YEARS)

That's all :D

I have to say ... my children hated this. They started out with high hopes but after a few weeks it was torture getting them to do it and made them miserable. The timing gave them anxiety. My ds would cry, and his fine motor issues made it very difficult for him. We had to give it up.

Tara

I love it here too; it has really improved Sylvia. Rebecca actually finished the program and I was disappointed as I'd hoped they would do division.

I set my kids so they'd do all the operations. However, it was a flop here, too. Part of the reason is that they can't find the numbers fast enough even if they know the answer. Another part is that the timing session is so long that you just get mentally exhausted. (I know - I did all the operations at two different speed levels so I knew what the kids go through.)

Perhaps if my kids could do it on a tablet (touch-type), it would be better.

:gnorsi:

. Part of the reason is that they can't find the numbers fast enough even if they know the answer.

Perhaps if my kids could do it on a tablet (touch-type), it would be better

I typed in the answer for my boys. They can't key in as fast as they can answer verbally.

Xtramath does work on the iPad. The on screeen numerical keypad is next to the question.

I typed in the answer for my boys. They can't key in as fast as they can answer verbally.

Xtramath does work on the iPad. The on screeen numerical keypad is next to the question.

Ah, one more reason I *need* an iPad for school!!! :)

My DD uses xtramath, but I key the answer in for her. She can't find and type them fast enough.