Menu

I'm at Disneyworld...and I'm sick!

I drove down here yesterday with my kids, sister, and nephew. We were in separate vehicles because of my nephew's wheel chair lift. The further south we got, I began feeling sicker and sicker (sinus/cold stuff). By the time we got in our room, I had a 101.3 fever. I felt better this morning and was able to go with the family to Magic Kingdom, but I've been in the room for awhile this afternoon and evening.

I hate it because I was supposed to be here to be my sister's helper. She can't travel alone with my nephew. My dd has been a help to my sister with the wheelchair and such. One good thing is that I can stay with my nephew tonight. He is in bed, and she's gone with my kids to Downtown Disney. I know she'll enjoy some time with just them, and they'll enjoy time without me! LOL!

Please pray that I'm well enough to enjoy some of this trip, and pray that she and my nephew don't get sick. His seizures are worse when he is sick, so I'll feel bad if he gets anything.

Edited by mom31257

If it is any consolation, we are at Disney and sick too!

Last Friday my 12 year old got a fever, slept the whole day, and was down for about 48 hours. Monday I got it! Yesterday, my youngest got it.

It has been a miserable trip.

My husband says he isn't feeling great today. He is in a work conference this week. :001_huh:

We are taking dayquil and niquil OFTEN!

Dawn

Thanks to everyone for their prayers! I'm sorry, DawnM, that you are here and sick, too. It sounds like it's been worse for your family. I will be praying for you all! I've felt the best in the mornings, so we've been able to go out to a park first thing each day and do all the rides the kids wanted to really ride. Thankfully, this is not our first trip here, so they know what matters most. We've been coming back to the room to rest and going back out in the evening. I am definitely medicating the symptoms and trying to go on anyway.

I went to disneybsick on my honeymoon withba sinus infection. Luckily we had stopped at a doc in a box before we left (brand new dh got it from me) . Two days at Disney and I was back to a doc in a box at Disney for stupid impetigo. If you have good insurance, you might want to go in for a steroids shot and some antibiotics.