Menu

Well, school is cancelled Monday and Tues here in Northern VA (Fairfax County)

Now if the Federal Government shuts down, I won't have to walk my dogs!

Fingers crossed...:D:D

I'm in NVA too, and that is so surprising to me! I keep hearing all the hype about the storm, but when I checked the hourly forecast on weather.com earlier today, the strongest winds for the next 48 hours are supposed to be about 25 mph. Today, we had winds of 15 mph and it was just breezy.

Lisa

Gusts to 65mph on Tues. Who wants their dog blown away? Honestly, I don't understand some people.

They will take off. They will be home.

THey will NOT cancel the walk, and I will cheerfully show up and walk their d dawg in the pouring rain and the 65mph winds...

And they will expect their full 30 minutes. :tongue_smilie:

Gusts to 65mph on Tues. Who wants their dog blown away? Honestly, I don't understand some people.

They will take off. They will be home.

THey will NOT cancel the walk, and I will cheerfully show up and walk their d dawg in the pouring rain and the 65mph winds...

And they will expect their full 30 minutes. :tongue_smilie:

Please, please don't. I would HATE for you to get injured! Not onky that, storms are the perfect time for a dog to spook and run away.

I am closing all animals inside the barn. Our pups have never seen wind like that before so I am nervous for them. The dachsund hates rain and will pee on my wheel (we let them in and out through the garage) then refuse to go out.:glare:

Thanks, Denise!

I'm hoping for a whopper tree to fall on my driveway so I can't get out...

Well, not really.

My boss won't cancel unless OPM closes. So far, Feds are open. ETA FEDS CLOSED!!!

I'm supposed to meet a new client, too--ick.

Don't get me wrong--I have really nice clients, and I do love the dogs, I'm just complaining, mostly because I want to be home. At least dh closed the church office Mon and Tues, so he'll be sitting in the dark with dd!

Edited by Chris in VA

Prince William is closed tomorrow as well. So no pre-k for my littles and no swim practice. Honestly, I know we are going to lose power as we ALWAYS lose power in our neighborhood (not all our power lines are buried) but I am looking forward to not having to be anywhere tomorrow.

Schools are out here too, and my office (in NoVA) is closed--but I'm worried about the poor cows in the pasture across from us. They suffered through our direcho this summer out in the field, and I wonder if their owner is going to force them to endure 2 days of hurricane out there too. :glare:

They may prefer to be out. Our ponies can choose out or in and almost always choose out except when the sun is shining and it's hot. They don't like the flies and heat then. Critters tend to have different preferences than humans. ;)