Menu

For those of you struggling financially

I keep reading the stories and was wondering if there might be some way for any of us with curriculum we are not using to donate it. I have a pile of things someone might be able to use and would love to give it to someone who could get some use out of it rather than having it sitting around in bins in my basement.

I keep reading the stories and was wondering if there might be some way for any of us with curriculum we are not using to donate it. I have a pile of things someone might be able to use and would love to give it to someone who could get some use out of it rather than having it sitting around in bins in my basement.

I love this idea! I have lots of stuff hanging around the house, and I would love to donate it.

:iagree:

Bingo. While I haven't been home educating long enough to have piles, I do have one large pile with random worktexts, teacher's manuals, and textbooks that I would like to donate.

I love this idea! I have lots of stuff hanging around the house, and I would love to donate it.

:iagree:

Bingo. While I haven't been home educating long enough to have piles, I do have one large pile with random worktexts, teacher's manuals, and textbooks that I would like to donate.

You can donate it:

http://www.thebooksamaritan.com/p/how-to-help.html

and its a legit place, many on here have received and donated things to/from them.

That thread makes my heart ache. We've had a tough year, but we've had (much!) worse and that thread really makes me grateful that our cutbacks were not so brutal as many people are going through. I had stuff posted in the free thread, but I'll look into donating some stuff to the Book Samaritan. I've been trying to sell stuff for Christmas/bday money, but it's been very slow moving.

Big, big :grouphug: to the struggling Mommas out there. I struggled financially for the first 28 years of my life. Growing up, my family was on WIC, food stamps, and/or unemployment more times than I can count. We lived in low-income housing for quite a while. Dh and I have gone to the Commissary with $30, trying to buy food for our family of 5 for a week. We were on WIC for a while, despite doing everything "right". I get it. It's a craptastic place to be.

Thankfully, through persistence, luck, and about 1,000,000 prayers, we are currently in a really good spot. We aren't looking at second homes or big fancy vacations, but all our needs are met and a lot of our wants (which are admittedly small). Since I have been there/done that, I really wish there was something I could do to help. I just know how so many of you feel, and it breaks my heart.

I just want it put out there that if anyone needs anything at all, let me know. Really.

Also, more :grouphug: and prayers for you guys.

:grouphug:

I have been struggling to stay out of despair since the child support stopped. With it, I was barely making it. Without it? Tanked.

I have reviewed my situation with 2 people I love and trust, and I have take responsibility for my part. In terms of solutions, I can't do more/work harder. So, I am doing my best to think better thoughts and change my perspective on "it."

I think I may go old school back when I had zero time in recovery from addiction/alcoholism and do a gratitude list every morning and night.:)

You can donate it:

http://www.thebooksamaritan.com/p/how-to-help.html

and its a legit place, many on here have received and donated things to/from them.

Thank you!

And if any of you ladies need some upper-elementary history (real) books, let me know. Or some MCT books. Or science explorer-type (i.e., fun, interesting, fact-type books).

Oh heck, just come over and raid my school room. :tongue_smilie: