Menu

Just wondering how many people have noticed their rep going down?

I've lost 15 points in two days (6 about an hour ago) and am aware of at least three others in a similar situation. It's a mystery I'm rather curious to see resolved... I'm rather scared of logging in tomorrow. Is the hive itself rejecting me? :lol:

Edited to add:

This doesn't appear to be related to negative rep. There is no no feedback.

Also, I'm not doing this for rep... I'm just curious. Please don't rep me for this... :)

Seriously, wow! Of course I only have "baby" rep points, it could be another year before I see 2 squares so it has not affected me personally. Wouldn't that require someone to give you a negative for rep to go down? I wonder if we have a negative poster or we have newbies who are accidently giving negative and think they are giving positive?

anyway, I am out of reps today or I would give you one (a positive one!) I like handing out the positive ones!

I've lost 15 points in two days (6 about an hour ago) and am aware of at least three others in a similar situation. It's a mystery I'm rather curious to see resolved... I'm rather scared of logging in tomorrow. Is the hive itself rejecting me? :lol:

Yes, I've noticed. A few ladies don't appreciate a strong opposing opinion and have let me know. But HUGS to those of you who can articulate (and not rep negate!) a well thought argument.

No worries, what goes around comes around. Thinkin' you need a bit of rep sunshine :)

There is actually a discussion about this in the how-to forum. :)
I started that thread (unless I'm completely spacing the existence of another), but I'm just curious generally how many people are affected... and if anyone has any theories.

Yes, I've noticed. A few ladies don't appreciate a strong opposing opinion and have let me know. But HUGS to those of you who can articulate (and not rep negate!) a well thought argument.

No worries, what goes around comes around. Thinkin' you need a bit of rep sunshine :)

This doesn't appear to be negative rep... there's nothing new in the feedback area.

Sorry that's been happening to you and others though... :grouphug:

Oh, I didn't notice you were the one who posted that thread or that you had already replied to my post there.

It is a fact that message boards archive posts/delete threads on a regular basis. If the administration does not do that then the boards get clogged and slow waaaaaaay down. I know this is true because I've helped admin another board.

In the past when threads were removed in which I got rep the rep was also lost. I know because I could see the comments from them and then I couldn't, not just by counting points.

In the past when threads were removed in which I got rep the rep was also lost. I know because I could see the comments from them and then I couldn't, not just by counting points.

It seems admin has a choice in the matter. I've had threads deleted and lost all my rep points, and I've had threads deleted and lost none of my rep points. So it seems there must be an option given to admin while in the process of deleting threads. If that is what is happening here (or archiving), why wouldn't they be allowing the rep to remain? We don't know what threads are being archived/deleted, but they are apparently old ones, so they must have been acceptable at the time they were posted. :confused:

I'm no expert, but when a thread/post is deleted rep points can decrease. Sadly that happened to many from another thread that was questioned. I lost a few myself as did some others.

I'll send a few more your way soon.

I started that thread (unless I'm completely spacing the existence of another), but I'm just curious generally how many people are affected... and if anyone has any theories.

I'm no expert, but when a thread/post is deleted rep points can decrease.
The weird thing is I haven't noticed my post count going down. I had 3 or 4 posts on the 2000 thread, and the count went down accordingly for that (though the couple rep points stayed, at least initially). Then again, because that dropped me under 1400, it might have been particularly easy to notice.

Seriously, wow! Of course I only have "baby" rep points, it could be another year before I see 2 squares so it has not affected me personally. Wouldn't that require someone to give you a negative for rep to go down? I wonder if we have a negative poster or we have newbies who are accidently giving negative and think they are giving positive?

anyway, I am out of reps today or I would give you one (a positive one!) I like handing out the positive ones!

You can see if you get neg rep. Of course, most losers are too afraid (of what, I do not know) to sign their name when they give out the neg.

Sometimes it feels like we're dealing with a bunch of 12 year olds.

It seems admin has a choice in the matter. I've had threads deleted and lost all my rep points, and I've had threads deleted and lost none of my rep points. So it seems there must be an option given to admin while in the process of deleting threads. If that is what is happening here (or archiving), why wouldn't they be allowing the rep to remain? We don't know what threads are being archived/deleted, but they are apparently old ones, so they must have been acceptable at the time they were posted. :confused:

On my board like this one, we have the rep system turned off. However, when it is on, and we delete a post or a thread, we can choose to either "hard delete," which leaves no trace of the post or thread, including doing away with rep points and lowering post counts; or we can "soft delete," which leaves those things in place and leaves it where the admin and mods can go back and actually still read the posts. We usually soft delete, but if the size of a thread were causing problems, I'd say a soft delete would probably not take care of the problems. Maybe this is what happened here.

This response from moderator was in the other thread:

Trying to figure it out, guys...believe it or not, sometimes we don't completely understand this software either.

Yes, I saw that. nmoira are you still losing rep or is it just from those 2 times?
AFAIK, just those two times...

Has this been resolved yet, or are we still waiting for an answer? Last weekend I received rep on the "comfort food" thread. The next day it was gone from the list on my UCP. Just that one {it was 5 points} was missing. I thought it strange too. I searched for the thread and it still existed. When I went to my post and clicked on the scales it said I hadn't received and rep for that post. :confused: Just thought I'd let you know it happened to me too! :)