Menu

Baseball fans??? Post season has started!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to feel "rah, rah" about it. Truly, I would. But, at this present time, I'm feeling a little pessimistic about Michigan in general.

Possibly it could be because of this conversation recently with my dad:

"Dad, be serious, the only hope the Detroit Lions have of winning anything is if they play our J.V. high school team and we spot them 14 pts.!"

He was not amused.

I feel slightly more optimistic about the Spartans...only slightly. :glare:

Faith

This is our first winning season EVER. Dh and the kids and I were, by the way, at the game where the division was actually clinched. Sitting on the third base line. I have never, in all my years of baseball attendance, been to a baseball game with that level of excitement. It was EXCELLENT.

I'd like to feel "rah, rah" about it. Truly, I would. But, at this present time, I'm feeling a little pessimistic about Michigan in general.

"Dad, be serious, the only hope the Detroit Lions have of winning anything is if they play our J.V. high school team and we spot them 14 pts.!"

He was not amused.

I feel slightly more optimistic about the Spartans...only slightly. :glare:

Faith

My 72 year old father feels time is officially running out for him to ever see the Lions return to his beloved "Bobby Layne Days".

Oh, Lions :tongue_smilie:.

Let's go O's! After 14 straight losing seasons, this is SWEET!

Oh, I hear you!!! Detroit has certainly had its losing seasons!!!

Go Cards! 12 in '12!

I'll root for you until we get to the World Series!!!

He was not amused.

I feel slightly more optimistic about the Spartans...only slightly.

Faith

Shush!!! This is MI year!!!! The Tigers have such potential. I had hope for the Lions. Until the season started. . . .

Right there with you, Jennifer. Go TIGERS!!!!!

I knew I liked you!!! :001_smile:

This is our first winning season EVER. Dh and the kids and I were, by the way, at the game where the division was actually clinched. Sitting on the third base line. I have never, in all my years of baseball attendance, been to a baseball game with that level of excitement. It was EXCELLENT.

Isn't it amazing????? My dh took my ds in 2006 to the Tiger game when they beat the YANKEES to advance to the World Series. My ds will never forget. I'm so glad he had that experience. And, I got to go to game ONE of the WS that year. AMAZING!!! The excitement was incredible!!!

My 72 year old father feels time is officially running out for him to ever see the Lions return to his beloved "Bobby Layne Days".

Oh, Lions .

I've given up on the Lions. I wish I could say otherwise. Every year I have hope. . . . . . .

Go Yankees!!!

Go Nats!!!!!

After that, well, while i am a lifelong NYY fan, my kids truly only 'know' the Nats as they have lived here all their lives....so I'm okay.

Yankees??? Really Mariann?????? Ugh. I'm so disappointed.

:001_smile:

Go Cardinals

Boooooooo!!! Go home!!!!

:001_smile:

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

Let's go O's! :hurray: After 14 straight losing seasons, this is SWEET!

:iagree:My boys haven't been alive for a winning O's season. They are soooo excited! (But I have to admit these late night games are killing me!) Am I a bad mother for waking my son up at midnight to tell him we beat the Yankees?! Even half asleep he was high fiving and cheering.

Oh no ladies, you got it all wrong. Lets go Oakland! I've got tickets behind home plate for tomorrow night's game. It's going to be a good game-exciting-a big crowd. Watch for the A's avenger.

:boxing_smiley:

It's ok. We can still be friends and I'll give you :grouphug:, once the Tigers win ;).

Have fun at the game!