Menu

Seating during homeschool?

We do all work at our dining room table. Small house, no room for a dedicated desk or space just for school. My dd is 9 and has trouble sitting comfortably at the adult regular chairs. She sits on her knees, which makes her toes fall asleep, then fidget, fidget, fidget. She is too short to sit normally and still write comfortably.

I tried putting our spare booster seat on the seat. That helped a lot, but it slips off the seat easily since it is not really meant for this purpose. Pillows slide off too. I don't think dd would be OK with a baby "highchair" type seat. She would be perfectly happy to sit on the floor or couch, but the lack of formality tends to distract her. Anyone have this problem and have a cheap solution?

I have a couple of Tripp Trapp chairs.

oops...not a cheap solution, but I swear worth every penny, I've had those chairs for years and can imagine them lasting many more years

I just ordered one of these for DD.

I have these and they are great, for a cheap solution. They do not slip:

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Smart-Cooshie-Booster-Seat/dp/B000056J2D/ref=tag_dpp_lp_edpp_img_in

I realize the exact link says unavailable but there are several other manufacturers listed that make similar products. .

I have a couple of Tripp Trapp chairs.

oops...not a cheap solution, but I swear worth every penny, I've had those chairs for years and can imagine them lasting many more years

:iagree:

They are an investment, but we use ours from toddlerhood through big kid years. They work as ergonomically correct seating for handwriting, work as computer chairs, etc.

Yes they are so great. As a short person I can say I would have REALLY appreciated something like it growing up. Sitting with dangling feet or unable to reach onto the table properly is so incredibly uncomfortable.

I still remember my high school typing teacher saying, "(mylastname), feet FLAT on the floor!" and I'd respond with, "I'm trying, but I can't reach." LOL. He would tell me to get up and find a shorter chair. I guess I was supposed to chase my classmates from their seats?

Anyway, I can relate :D