Menu

QUICK...I need help with supper..

Cut in very wide (1 1/2 inch) slices. Lay on a platter and smother with Italian salad dressing. Let soak in for a while. Then heat on the barbeque until they start to brown. These are amazingingly good.

I used to use Viva Italian dressing to make this, and marinate for 3 hours, but really, this will work almost as well, and I don't think they sell Viva Italian any more.

potato salad?

:iagree: So refreshing in the heat too!

A couple of days ago, I cut up some spare cooked potatoes I had, added mayo/sour cream, a bit of chopped onion, s&p and fresh dill. I was in heaven. I almost didn't want to share. If you have dry dill, that would probably work too, or another herb you like. It was so easy and scrumptious.

looking for something other than mashed...or a variation on that theme....we have those all of the time...time for a change.

Next time try Twice Baked Potato Casserole. It's a new family fav.

10 potatoes, peeled boiled and lightly mashed

8oz cream cheese

8 oz sour cream

Whip them together, then add what you like. Favorites here are chives with cheese topping or garlic. Then bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Yum! The baking makes the potatoes light and fluffy and the leftovers are great, too!

I also half this recipe and it turns out fine.

OK so to really do my recipe right:

Leave the skins on.

Only boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes--that way they are not dead soft, but they are mostly cooked.

Slice them (thickly) while warm.

Lay out in a platter or a marinade dish, and make sure that the Italian dressing is on top AND bottom.

Let sit for 3 hours, turning occasionally.

THEN barbeque.

The nice thing about this is that you can get it ready in advance and just finish off at the last minute when you have company. The nicer thing is that these are SO SO SO good.