Menu

lasagna recipe?

It's been forever since I made real lasagna but the recipe we enjoyed was:

1lb ground beef w/ a good sauce- homemade or jarred

1 container ricotta- 1/2 lb mozarella

1 egg

italian spices- basil- oregano- garlic-salt

I browned the meat and added the sauce (w/ added veggies if I was in the mood)

Mixed ricotta w/ egg and spices

Layered noodles, meat, ricotta mix, mozarella repeat for subsequent layers.

Cook until yummy and bubbly.

We really like Stouffer's frozen lasagna. I would love an easy homemade recipe though.

My kids like the Stouffer's so much they complain any time I make homemade lasagne. I've made some that I thought were terrific and the kids still tell me they'd rather have Stouffer's. So for now I've given up making it. Why go through the effort when everyone (except me) would prefer the stuff from a box.

I prefer cottage cheese in mine because I hate that the ricotta seems to dry it out.

This is for an 11x7 inch pan but if you want a 9x13 just make 12 noodles instead.

I boil 9 lasagna noodles until just flexible

I brown 1lb of ground beef (or you can use 1/2 ground beef 1/2 italian sausage) and then add it to 2 jars worth of sauce, I recently started making my own but you can easily use store bought.

I mix up 1 tub cottage cheese (16oz) with 1 egg (beaten) , 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.

I use a glazed stoneware pan, but if you're using glass or metal make sure to spray it with non-stick spray, then put a little sauce into the bottom of the pan to just coat it.

Then put a layer of 3 noodles, it's ok if the overlap a little.

Then spread about half of the cottage cheese mix, spread with more sauce, sprinkle with mozzarella, repeat with 3 more noodles the other half of the cottage cheese mix, some more sauce and a little more mozzarella, for the top I just put the last 3 noodles then the last of the sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella.

Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 375°, uncover and bake about 15 more minutes until top layer of cheese is nice and melted.

Let sit for 10-15 before slicing and serving.