Menu

Very important question re lunch

In the spirit of the true confession thread I have a question. Should I eat chocolate ice cream for lunch again today?

No one is here, no one will know. I'm going to eat the ice cream at some point today anyway. I'll throw in a spoonful of peanut butter to help add some protein.

In the spirit of the true confession thread I have a question. Should I eat chocolate ice cream for lunch again today?

No one is here, no one will know. I'm going to eat the ice cream at some point today anyway. I'll throw in a spoonful of peanut butter to help add some protein.

Too funny. You're battling osteoporosis, is what you're doing. Yay, you.

I made soup and corn muffins for lunch, but actually made myself a chocolate ice cream cone while I waited for the muffins. Do you know how hard it is to make and eat a cone with five kids around?! I had to get past the sensors (built into the little ones) that can detect the slightest movement of the pantry door, then wait for just enough background noise so they didn't hear the cone wrapper rustling, then (this was a feat) get the ice cream out of the freezer while they played mere feet away, then spin and block the carton from view, fill the cone and eat it all while staying visible myself (because if I hide, they start looking) but keeping the cone out of sight. I DID IT!

It's sad, really. There's no reason they couldn't eat ice cream, except that I'm tired, dh is working and I couldn't face the mess. :tongue_smilie: And I need small victories, no matter how pathetic, to keep me going sometimes.

I hope you enjoyed your ice cream!

Do you know how hard it is to make and eat a cone with five kids around?! I had to get past the sensors (built into the little ones) that can detect the slightest movement of the pantry door, then wait for just enough background noise so they didn't hear the cone wrapper rustling, then (this was a feat) get the ice cream out of the freezer while they played mere feet away, then spin and block the carton from view, fill the cone and eat it all while staying visible myself (because if I hide, they start looking) but keeping the cone out of sight.

Oh my, that was hysterical!! I haven't had to do it in a long time. But I remember mastering the art of the ninja cone!

Blessings,

Christy

I made soup and corn muffins for lunch, but actually made myself a chocolate ice cream cone while I waited for the muffins. Do you know how hard it is to make and eat a cone with five kids around?! I had to get past the sensors (built into the little ones) that can detect the slightest movement of the pantry door, then wait for just enough background noise so they didn't hear the cone wrapper rustling, then (this was a feat) get the ice cream out of the freezer while they played mere feet away, then spin and block the carton from view, fill the cone and eat it all while staying visible myself (because if I hide, they start looking) but keeping the cone out of sight. I DID IT!

I can SO relate to this! Hilarious :)

Sounds like a perfect afternoon without kids to me! I loved that movie!! And I have rocky road ice cream that's basically mine here, too. lol

I know where you're coming from, too, Andie. lol 'Go ahead and keep playing those computer games, kids!' lol

BTW, dh had seen the previews to that movie, and decided it would be a great family movie, so we took the kids. I was very uncomfortable in the opening scenes, with my kids there, and was wondering what dh had been thinking! Well, turns out I finally got to enjoy a movie that the 'family' didn't really like. lol I hit the jackpot that day! We usually end up with those 'action' movies with 2 teens! :lurk5::D