Menu

Finally, a sane person's opinion regarding shaving....

Thank you for posting this. It's one of the reasons I love bathing suits with skirts....absolutely eliminates the need for pubic area shaving and the resulting irritation. I know TMI, but I'm glad to see confirmation for what I know to be true.

The article presents a persuavive rational argument for letting nature take its course. I was familiar with the folliculitis issue but the MRSA risk was news to me.

Exactly. The added risk of transmission of diseases should really be a standard heath care discussion for girls with their doctors.

Bring on the beards! And the hairy armpits!

Sorry I can't join with you all the way. i'm not hardcore enough. I had the hairy armpits once and it was just too hard to, uh, make deodorant effective.

Sorry I can't join with you all the way. i'm not hardcore enough. I had the hairy armpits once and it was just too hard to, uh, make deodorant effective.

Men don't shave there for the most part and tend to have more hair. Maybe men's and women's deoderant is different. The only guys I see shaving their pits are swimmers and models. My husband's deodorant seems to work ok. It's moot for me since I basically don't have armpit hair. I come from a family with very little body hair.

I like boy short type swim suits more than swim skirts. I feel a little hipper but still don't have to worry about anything peeking out.

yeah, I am not sure most people are wiling to follow the "logic" to its conclusion. I don't think most people are shaving right before the act, and/or shaving daily. I don't want a big hairy armpit either. As long as I don't see it, I will not think about it....

Why was everyone cheering the revealing male swimmers' suits. Spare me. Without wax, Michael Phelps has hair. We all do.

Nature's Sunscreen

Invigorated

yeah, I am not sure most people are wiling to follow the "logic" to its conclusion. I don't think most people are shaving right before the act, and/or shaving daily. I don't want a big hairy armpit either. As long as I don't see it, I will not think about it....

Why was everyone cheering the revealing male swimmers' suits. Spare me. Without wax, Michael Phelps has hair. We all do.

Yeah, and I think it is there for a reason. Depending on POV either God put it there for a reason or we evolved and that is the only fur that stayed. It has to be there for a reason. :D

Yeah, and I think it is there for a reason. Depending on POV either God put it there for a reason or we evolved and that is the only fur that stayed. It has to be there for a reason. :D

One theory: it's there to trap pheromones. That means, grab hold of the alluring, musky scent and keep it there. Take a deep breath! Who can forget the romantic entreaty by Napoleon to his beloved Josephine that he'd be home soon, so please, whatever you do, don't wash.

And furthermore, let's not forget the dangers of bathing! "Water baths warm the body, but weaken the organism and widen pores. That’s why they can be dangerous and cause different diseases, even death." As true today as it was in the 16th century!

And furthermore, let's not forget the dangers of bathing! "Water baths warm the body, but weaken the organism and widen pores. That’s why they can be dangerous and cause different diseases, even death." As true today as it was in the 16th century!

:lol::lol::lol:

My 8yo ds will be THRILLED to know this. He hates baths. Now he has some ammunition. :tongue_smilie:

And reactions like that are why my poor husband will never be comfortable swimming without a shirt. Thanks.

It is a personal opinion. You don't have to agree. And it's not like there is nothing to be done about it if he is unhappy with the situation. We aren't all born beautiful. I look TERRIBLE without makeup so I wear makeup. If you and he are both perfectly comfortable with his body hair then my opinion should mean nothing to you and he should swim shirtless whenever he darn well pleases.

Edited by Heather in NC