Menu

QUICK!!!---even though you paid for amazon prime...

there are items that aren't guarenteed to arrive on your door step in 2 days....which is VERY frustrating to me. But that is not why I am posting...I am actually posting because I want to know how quickly those (not guarenteed) items arrive. I need something before we leave on vacation next Sunday, and the item I am looking at says the estimated date is the 23rd (the Monday after we leave)....should I risk it...or not? I live in Nebraska if that matters.

I always have things arrive exactly when they say or before. (Example, I ordered a Dyson vacuum attachment that was supposed to come today and it arrived Saturday.) But, we have an Amazon shipping facility very close to us. Do you happen to know if you do?

ETA: Just re-read your post. No, I would not count on it arriving earlier.

Edited by Guest

The items that I have ordered, usually from 3rd party sellers, that are not 2 day delivery seem to be towards the very end or even later than stated date. Hope you find a solution!

Is it something you can pick up on the way, in a larger town? OR could you enter the shipping address wherever you are going and have it delivered there?

if it's not prime it is 99% of the time from a 3rd party seller (not amazon) who will ship it independently - so there's no way to say from previous experiences with other sellers. It will matter how quickly they ship and how far they are from you. When we were in Philly, ground took a good 5 business days if it was coming from CA.

there are items that aren't guarenteed to arrive on your door step in 2 days....which is VERY frustrating to me. But that is not why I am posting...I am actually posting because I want to know how quickly those (not guarenteed) items arrive. I need something before we leave on vacation next Sunday, and the item I am looking at says the estimated date is the 23rd (the Monday after we leave)....should I risk it...or not? I live in Nebraska if that matters.

Amazon does tell you, very clearly, not tiny print, that not everything qualifies. Nothing from third party sellers, is one example. Most everything else does unless it is a rare item that's not kept in stock at most warehouses. I would just ship it to the location you are going to if you need it there.

If it's not coming from Amazon, there is no way of knowing till the seller prints the shiping label and sticks it in the mail. I sell on Amazon and I usually get things out the same day they are ordered. But then it's up to the post office.

Did you check to see if Amazon sells the thing as well. Cause most of the times there will be multiple sellers for one item.

On an unrelated note. How is Nebraska? My uncle will be moving there in 5 years (when he retires) he keeps asking us to go with him. But I am not sure about: weather (from the South and used to the heat), food (where do you go to the store? how far away?) community (are there homeschool groups?) Whenever you have a minute, if you want to ??? :) THanks

Amazon doesn't have control over the third party sellers and how quickly they ship. Generally, they are expected to ship within two business days of receiving the order, and then it is usually parcel post or ground, not two day shipping, unless the seller offers it and you pay more. You can check the buyer feedback for this particular seller and may be able to get a feel for whether they ship quickly or tend to push the boundaries. So Amazon's expected shipping date truly is an estimate. I have paid for expedited shipping a time or two with the third party sellers, and in those cases I did receive the items in the promised time frame.

All of this is true whether you are an Amazon Prime customer or not. Third party sellers are not covered by Prime. But, sometimes the same item is available for a few dollars more directly from Amazon, and then you could get the Prime shipping. I've done this a few times (pay more to buy directly from Amazon) when it was available, for items I needed quickly.