Menu

Kitty was killed last night

UPDATE: False alarm. I went to check if it was him, and he walked out of my garage behind me!

The cat saga comes to a tragic end. So after all the back and forth with the other family and this cat they came to my door a couple minutes ago to tell me they think he is dead. A cat was found dead at the end of the alley, it had obviously been hit by a car. According to them the face is unrecognizable, but body markings left them feeling it was the cat. They said they are going to dispose of the remains since he was their cat longer.

He never came in last night, which is not unusual, the weather was nice and after living his whole life as an outdoor only cat I am not surprised, but he usually came in for breakfast and a nap when I took the dogs out to go potty in the morning. He didn't come in then.

So the good life for this cat has come to a tragic end. 3 of my kids are still away so they don't know yet, they will be heartbroken when they find out as will my daycare kids. They all adored this cat.

Edited by swellmomma

I would have to see for myself. I would think they tried to steal him back. That is so sad.

Funny you said that. I did go to look and guess who walked out of my garage behind me?

Kitty is ALIVE!!!! there was a dead cat, same colouring, but not Dusty cat.

He is now safely inside, eating some lunch and getting licked all over by the dogs.

I really hope they honestly thought it was him and were not lieing to take him back.

Whew! That's great news!

We have 2 outdoor kitties that have adopted us. We've spayed and neutered them, but due to their learned potty behaviors, they need to stay in the garage :glare:. A few weeks ago a distraught woman came to our door asking if we had a black cat, because she just hit one on the road behind our house. Our hearts sunk. We hoped it wasn't our Jenny Linsky. My husband drove up there and meanwhile, Jenny saunters up the driveway, without a care in the world. Argh!