Menu

We moved to Austin, Texas this week

We moved here for DH's job. I decided to take a little break from unpacking, and come to the WTM boards for a little bit.

As you know from my board name, that we were living in WI when I first joined. When I signed up, I thought that it we would always be there, and then we moved to MN last year. We will be here for at least 2 years.

We told the boys to look at this move as an adventure. They are looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends.

ok, so what can we make the WI stand for......?

Wilderness Inside

Wild Insanity

Winter Included

hmmm, what else can we come up with?

Congrats on your move! I've been in Austin twice, as we drove through to Mexico and back to Canada. Moving is hard work! Make sure you avoid sun stroke by spending time on these boards.

Blessings!

Welcome to Texas! You sure picked a hot month to move to Austin. Crank up the AC and check out Braum's ice cream if you haven't already.

:iagree: about the A/C. I recommend Amy's for ice cream, though. Mmmmm....sweet cream ice cream.

Welcome to Austin!!!

:party::party::party:

I live just north of Austin in Round Rock. We should do lunch some time. :)

:iagree: except I live northwest of Austin near Cedar Park.

ok, so what can we make the WI stand for......?

Wilderness Inside

Wild Insanity

Winter Included

hmmm, what else can we come up with?

Congrats on your move! I've been in Austin twice, as we drove through to Mexico and back to Canada. Moving is hard work! Make sure you avoid sun stroke by spending time on these boards.

Blessings!

:lol:Thanks Amy. I think the wild insanity best suits me right now as I try to unpack.

Welcome to Texas! You sure picked a hot month to move to Austin. Crank up the AC and check out Braum's ice cream if you haven't already.

Thank you. I haven't been outside much. It is definitely hot here. We will try the ice cream. It sounds yummy.

I remember reading once that Austin, TX was one of the best U.S. cities to move to! .... or something like that! :D

I lived in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for about 5 years and loved it. Now I'm up in the often snowy North and still dream about those wonderful winters in Texas... sigh!!!

Brenda

Braum's would be in Hillsboro.

Freddie's Frozen Custard might be around.

Yes turn up the AC and welcome to Texas. We are north of Austin too.

Yes, we have Freddie's but no Braums here in Central TX -- that's a northern TX/OK thing from their website.

Guest bdsandmls

Welcome to Central Texas! Unfortunately, Braum's are only further north in the state. . . I miss Braum's since we moved to NE San Antonio from the Dallas area. I have read about Lick there in Austin and it sounds awesome. This must be weather shock moving here from MN . . . .

Wait. Is there a Braum's in Austin?! I have to go to Hillsboro or Corsicana to get Braum's. Mmmm, Braum's.

No, sorry. You gotta take the trip up north.

On the up side, Round Rock is getting an In-N-Out Burger in 2013.

No, sorry. You gotta take the trip up north.

On the up side, Round Rock is getting an In-N-Out Burger in 2013.

I still can't wrap my head around how big Round Rock has gotten. I remember when it was small. When all they had was the little Walmart.

I've only been in San Antonio a few months but it reminds of Austin from 15-20 years ago.