Menu

Update on our house / foreclosure ... continued prayers please

It's been a while since I posted an update on this, and I finally have time tonight.

We were able to get the check sent to the mortgage company to re-instate the mortgage to current, and their system says they have received it and credited it. However I still don't have anything in writing that says we are no longer in foreclosure - just the service reps. word on it. I tried going to the county courthouse to see if they had anything on file, but their filing is a month behind so they have no idea. According to the courthouse, the foreclosure sales are conducted by the trustees of the property, and they *should* just pull our home off the list on the day of sale since the mortgage company has told them it's reinstated. I'm not very trusting that will happen :glare: especially without something in writing. The county foreclosure sale is Tuesday and I plan on going for the entire sale to confirm that our home is not "accidentally" sold.

In the middle of this, our mortgage company is closing and transferring all accounts to a new company. So as of today I'm dealing with two companies, the new one and the old one. And my mother, who lives with us and is my daycare, is not feeling well as well. I am pretty sure it's the stress getting to her from all this as she doesn't handle stress well anymore.

Could I please have continued prayers that everything works out on this and our home is not accidentally sold?

Can you or something you trust go to the sale and have a file with your documentation in it.

Even if the sale doesn't get pulled, if a buyer sees that there is going to be a hassle with completing the sale they might pass on your property.

(HUGS) I know it's an empty place to be. I wish you all the best.

Praying. And if it helps, when my house went into foreclosure "acccidentally" I never followed up, so I didn't know until AFTER they sold my house at auction! And we still were able to straighten it out easily and quickly. It turns out that it happens, and there is a time frame (30 days?) after the sale when the owner can contest it. I had to sign one form and the sale was rescinded. So even if the worst happens, it can still be corrected.

(but man, what a shock to find a note on your door from the new "owner"!)