Menu

Girls time out -- at my place

My boys are heading out tomorrow for the weekend and I am staying put. Who wants to come over? Any takers?

If you don't have anything else to do, you could come to our party. I'm about 1:15 -1:30 up 40 from you. (Actually, I'd prefer to go to your house, but dh would kill me.)

My boys are heading out tomorrow for the weekend and I am staying put. Who wants to come over? Any takers?

Well, if I could come Saturday...

And if Brigitte could make it down as far as the Bristol racetrack on Saturday, I would bring her. And anybody else that wants a ride from the Tri-cities or points west can ride with me.

It's the first of the month and I have gas money.

:auto:

And if Brigitte could make it down as far as the Bristol racetrack on Saturday, I would bring her. And anybody else that wants a ride from the Tri-cities or points west can ride with me.

Yes, yes, yes! If you want to do a sleepover -- bring your toothbrush and pjs too! I have lots of room.

LOL--*I* want a ride from "points west!" :lol:

Hmmmm.... east TN. I could make it. I'd have to leave now, but I could make it! LOL! If I hadn't just gotten back from WI and promised to watch someone else's child tomorrow, I'd totally ditch my girls with dh, throw the baby in the car and come over! :D

Ok, I should totally be fired from hs'ing. I had to look up a map of the US to figure out how. on. earth. people from NC could be *considering* a get-together in Tn! And here I thought M2LM was in Va!!!

Turns out, Tn has picked up its skirts and moved E. Do we smell that bad here in the summer time??? I guess I'd move E, too. :glare:

Ok, I should totally be fired from hs'ing. I had to look up a map of the US to figure out how. on. earth. people from NC could be *considering* a get-together in Tn! And here I thought M2LM was in Va!!!

Turns out, Tn has picked up its skirts and moved E. Do we smell that bad here in the summer time??? I guess I'd move E, too. :glare:

Brigitte's in VA, I'm at the tip of TN, and M2LM is about 2.5 hrs west of me.

And Brigitte's dh used to be my dd's Latin teacher at her school 50 mins west of us in NC.

Why do you always have a get together when I can't come?!! What up with that? :) I'm going to pass right by you on our way to Wartburg to spend the day with the family and then I'm bringing back my older 2 nieces and will have them until Tuesday morning. That's a bummer and I've never had a Mike's can you believe it?!

Why do you always have a get together when I can't come?!! What up with that? :) I'm going to pass right by you on our way to Wartburg to spend the day with the family and then I'm bringing back my older 2 nieces and will have them until Tuesday morning. That's a bummer and I've never had a Mike's can you believe it?!

Okay, girl. I'm going to get a complex if you don't come over and join us for one of these sometime soon! If you can get away for a bit on Sat., I am trying to get Pam and Brigitte here then. We'll come up with something relaxing. I think Pam and Brigitte both need some R & R!

Okay, girl. I'm going to get a complex if you don't come over and join us for one of these sometime soon! If you can get away for a bit on Sat., I am trying to get Pam and Brigitte here then. We'll come up with something relaxing. I think Pam and Brigitte both need some R & R!

For sure don't get a complex because of me, just giving you a hard time!:D I don't think my hubby who's still recovering from shoulder surgery would want me to leave him with 4 kids, BUT give me a heads up next time your fella's head out of town and I'm there!:tongue_smilie: Have fun!

For sure don't get a complex because of me, just giving you a hard time!:D I don't think my hubby who's still recovering from shoulder surgery would want me to leave him with 4 kids, BUT give me a heads up next time your fella's head out of town and I'm there!:tongue_smilie: Have fun!

I'll hold you to that! I just think you are far busier than I am.

Here's an idea, we could meet for coffee and breakfast on the 15th on my way to Tulsa (Angela, I can kidnap you and take you to Convention with me). Tracy (my Usborne supervisor and Angela's upline supervisor) and I are supposed to meet in Knoxville and drive together from there. We could use help on figuring out where to leave a car until Sunday, too.

So, how about it.

PS - Angela, I owe you an email! :ack2:

Here's an idea, we could meet for coffee and breakfast on the 15th on my way to Tulsa (Angela, I can kidnap you and take you to Convention with me). Tracy (my Usborne supervisor and Angela's upline supervisor) and I are supposed to meet in Knoxville and drive together from there. We could use help on figuring out where to leave a car until Sunday, too.

So, how about it.

I believe that would work. You could leave a car at my place if you wanted.

I'd love some down time with friends, but none of mine are available of late. Several of them have young babies. Another is pregnant and feeling miserable ~ she and I were supposed to go to dinner and a Shakespeare play last week, and at the last minute she had to cancel.

And hey, what is up with all this alone time you get? Didn't your guys just go camping a couple of weeks ago? Here I go again, needing a "jealous" smiley.:tongue_smilie: This would be an ideal time for my gang to scoot for a couple of days. I might be able to actually order my school stuff for this next year, plus I could conveniently ignore the whole Fourth of July deal, which as you may recall is quite high on my list of Events I Do Not Enjoy.

Have a super weekend, girlfriend!

:001_huh: Okay, how did I miss this?! I am open to discussions here, but my derriere won't like it.

Okay - totally off topic - but Brigitte - when did your girls turn 7? I remember your siggie saying they were 6 and now I see that they've suddenly had a birthday and I missed it!!! Happy birthday to your girls!!!

And, hey- I have a sister in Chattanooga. Is that anywhere near ANY of you!!!??? I'll be there in September. Anyone up for a day?

I'd love some down time with friends, but none of mine are available of late. Several of them have young babies. Another is pregnant and feeling miserable ~ she and I were supposed to go to dinner and a Shakespeare play last week, and at the last minute she had to cancel.

And hey, what is up with all this alone time you get? Didn't your guys just go camping a couple of weeks ago? Here I go again, needing a "jealous" smiley.:tongue_smilie: This would be an ideal time for my gang to scoot for a couple of days. I might be able to actually order my school stuff for this next year, plus I could conveniently ignore the whole Fourth of July deal, which as you may recall is quite high on my list of Events I Do Not Enjoy.

Have a super weekend, girlfriend!

I wish you could come on over! My guys go camping with their Indian Guides tribe about 3-4 times a year -- 1 or 2 in the fall and 2 in the spring. This one is a trip to MILs. I adore her but I need to get some lessons planned and have some me time since we are starting back up with lessons in another week! Dh is great for taking the kids out of here when I need some space.

Thanks! Wish you could be here. I wish I could visit your area. It is one area on my list of places I want to see!

Okay - totally off topic - but Brigitte - when did your girls turn 7? I remember your siggie saying they were 6 and now I see that they've suddenly had a birthday and I missed it!!! Happy birthday to your girls!!!

And, hey- I have a sister in Chattanooga. Is that anywhere near ANY of you!!!??? I'll be there in September. Anyone up for a day?

Yeah! I am 2 hours-ish from Chattanooga! Cool! Let me know. That is doable! My kids love Chat.

:001_huh: Okay, how did I miss this?! I am open to discussions here, but my derriere won't like it.

Your rump can sit on a pillow. And you can pamper it when you get here. I'll sauce you up so you won't even notice that you have one:lol:. I will cook whatever kind of food you want (except Indian --yuck!). You can sleep over and I'll make a nice breakfast too. You can do absolutely nothing!

Your rump can sit on a pillow. And you can pamper it when you get here. I'll sauce you up so you won't even notice that you have one:lol:. I will cook whatever kind of food you want (except Indian --yuck!). You can sleep over and I'll make a nice breakfast too. You can do absolutely nothing!

Brigitte, she makes a mean artichoke chicken. And your rump won't notice a thing. There's peace. There's quiet. There's a screened porch. There're trees shading the screened porch.

And your dh owes you for this "we're-moving-and-oh-btw-honey-I-can't-lift-anything-for-six-weeks." Cash it in.

(But wait til tomorrow until I figure out which way the wind blows here. Mention that it's a possiblity so he can get used to the idea. :D)

They turned 7 on the 1st (the day after my marathon house clearing - 15 hours from the time I left here until I got back). I felt terrible because I had to go buy them a present the morning of their birthday and I did not make their cake. But, since Pam was here with her girls, it was "the best birthday ever."

They turned 7 on the 1st (the day after my marathon house clearing - 15 hours from the time I left here until I got back). I felt terrible because I had to go buy them a present the morning of their birthday and I did not make their cake. But, since Pam was here with her girls, it was "the best birthday ever."

Ok, you know that plastic thing of cupcakes your new neighbors brought over that you sent home half (um, over half?) with me? Well, all the big people in the house scraped the hyperglycemia-inducing frosting with sprinkles off their cupcakes, conveniently into the little cups that previously held their cake.

So today I get home from the hospital and on 4 y/o li'l's little table is this empty, open plastic cupcake holder with a spoon and two crumpled cupcake papers in it, completely devoid of all frosting. Dh gave her the box, a spoon, and his blessing to dig it all out and eat it.

She was smiling and just a little bit, uh, bouncy this afternoon.

Oh my lordy.

I do believe he is the favorite parent right now.

(Dad is great/Give us the choc-o-late cake...)

But I'm really not!! It just seems like when an opportunity for me to go somewhere presents itself well then of course something else is going on, someone is coming to visit, someone's sick etc. My life is usally very dull, I was just complaining to my neighbor that I've been feeling bored. :D

So, how about it.

I'm up for meeting for breakfast on the 15th (which also happens to be my birthday!). You might be able to store a car at our house, we aren't far from the interstate. We need put away our clutter on one side of the garage but I think that could work.