Menu

best kids worship music?

I'm really wanting to surround my kids with Godly music and need suggestions. We are really enjoying Steve Green's cd's. I LOVE that they are teaching them straight Bible scriptures. Any other ideas of cd's that are scripture based? Or other great Christian music for kids as well! :) Thanks!

Hmmm...I suppose you aren't interested in the original worship music, are you? Gregorian chant and music from the Medieval and Renaissance periods are my favorite. Mozart is actually getting a little too "modern". :D Much early music is based on Scripture (even if it is in Latin or an early vernacular language). Obviously, none of it was written especially for children (unless you count for the boys in various Cathedral choirs). This is the music I've extensively studied and performed and it has a very special place in my heart. (Yes, I am a Ren/Med geek, thank you very much. :tongue_smilie:)

Memoria Press has a CD with music (and, blast it, I'm at work and the name completely escapes me right now. <sigh> ).

http://www.seedsfamilyworship.net/about/

If you go to this CBD link ...you can listen to the songs.

There are about 6 different Cds!!:001_smile:

http://www.christianbook.com/seeds-family-worship-vol-1-courage/pd/CD20221

These are our families favorite scripture memory CDs!!

Please check them out....they are super.

When you purchase these they give you one extra CD for FREE to give to someone else... to spread the "seeds' of God's word!!

They also have memory verse cards to download & print out that have the Bible Verses from the songs. (These are FREE too!):D

LOL, I'm thinking along the lines of Brehon. This is my kids' favorite music. Lots of scripture and good theology.

:D

Milovany, I'm not as familiar with EO music as I am with the western church. But I have performed some and find it endlessly fascinating and beautiful.

I absolutely despise "kids" music- especially if it is made to be "cute"... for some reason, it has always grated on my nerves.

We all really enjoy Wow Hymns... modern arrangements of great hymns. I love the words of the old hymns, but I can't sing them. http://www.christianbook.com/wow-hymns-2-cds-cd/pd/CD14529

And it's not at all what I would pick, but BabyBaby loves bluegrass- I call it "Banjo Gospel." :tongue_smilie: She is a clog dancer and just bought a banjo. And a dear man from our former church gave her some Gospel CDs.