Menu

Pictures Tomorrow-How about these shirts?

I posted last week that we're getting our first family pictures done tomorrow. These will be outdoor pictures and very casual. I found clothes in our current wardrobe that will work, but I'm not quite sure on the choice for my daughter! I've attached a photo of what I've set aside for Hive input ;).

The boys will be wearing polo shirts and jeans (royal blue for dh and dark blue for ds). I will be wearing the peacock-y shirt and khaki clam diggers (I *think* for the clam diggers). Is dd's tie-dye shirt too clash-y with my peacock shirt :confused:? She will probably wear khaki clam diggers, or jeans, with the tie-dye shirt.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm not good at this stuff :tongue_smilie:.

Oh, and does anyone have remedies for reducing the size of the mosquito bite in the MIDDLE of dd's forehead :glare:?

post-7258-13535086761403_thumb.jpg

post-7258-13535086761403_thumb.jpg

I don't care for your daughter's shirt with yours at all. If you want to wear what you have picked out for you, I would find something else for her to wear.

But, to be honest, I'm not sure I like the one you have picked out for yourself with the polo tops.

Maybe this will help: http://lacidavisphotography.blogspot.com/2009/11/what-to-wear-for-your-family-photos.html

Edited by mom2samlibby

Usually all solids or all coordinating prints work better, especially with an outdoor backdrop. If you do want to do a mix, it takes some planning. I almost drove myself crazy last year trying to plan our family pics. It's hard being on the other side of the camera! LOL! Here's what we ended up doing: each of my girls wore a coordinating print, and then Patrick wore a solid color sweater, and I wore a solid (different) color sweater.

Here's how that looked:

post-1032-13535086761742_thumb.jpg

I think the best pics have the people dressed in "classic" clothes that are less likely to look dated in the years to come. I think your shirt is cute, but not "classic" - it will look out of style quickly. Do you have something in navy, or a more classic blue print, that would work? For your dd, tie-dye is ever-popular, but more casual than what you've got for the boys. Does your dd have something more classic? The clam diggers and/or jeans would be fine. Can you get a nice blue or blue print blouse or T for you and dd?

It sounds like my gut was right. I think I'll look for something else for dd.

I'm pretty certain for the rest of us. The picture really doesn't do my shirt justice. The colors coordinate perfectly with the boys' shirts. It's also one of those shirts that doesn't look as nice when it's not being worn. I've had oodles of compliments on it, so I know it looks nice :001_smile:.

Ugh. Now to find something for dd who HATES shopping :glare:.

I'm pretty certain for the rest of us. The picture really doesn't do my shirt justice. The colors coordinate perfectly with the boys' shirts. It's also one of those shirts that doesn't look as nice when it's not being worn. I've had oodles of compliments on it, so I know it looks nice :001_smile:.

I like your shirt. I agree with the others, though, that it doesn't go with dd's - everyone else's are in a dark category, but hers is very bright.

As for the mosquito bite, maybe a baking-soda paste or dab of honey? Both are meant to draw out the "poison" that is making it swell. Or ice a little while before the picture if it won't drip on her clothes.

What about a color for your dd that picks up the lighter colors in your shirt? Is it a light gray or light blue? If you look for a shirt with a, specific, pretty solid color scheme... You could get 2 or 3 and bring them back for her to try, then return the ones that don't work.

:iagree:

I don't care for your daughter's shirt with yours at all. If you want to wear what you have picked out for you, I would find something else for her to wear.

But, to be honest, I'm not sure I like the one you have picked out for yourself with the polo tops.

Maybe this will help: http://lacidavisphotography.blogspot.com/2009/11/what-to-wear-for-your-family-photos.html

Ok, can I just say that the pictures on that website are AMAZING.

I so want to get our family pics done again. Like, right now. ;)

Oh, and I also think I would like to see what the pics come out looking like. :)

Maybe something like this for her?http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=69474&vid=1&pid=106893&scid=106893002

It ties in more of your colors. Also, if it were me I would wear full length dark denim as opposed to khaki clam diggers as it lengthens the silhouette...but that's just me - not everyone else needs as much "lengthening" as I do. :) Have fun at the shoot!

Maybe something like this for her?http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=69474&vid=1&pid=106893&scid=106893002

It ties in more of your colors. Also, if it were me I would wear full length dark denim as opposed to khaki clam diggers as it lengthens the silhouette...but that's just me - not everyone else needs as much "lengthening" as I do. :) Have fun at the shoot!

That had to register for a minute - my first thought was, you want her to wear a jumper?! :lol: :lol:

I love the Old Navy dress a previous poster suggested! Layers really are key. Could one of your boys wear a long-sleeved t-shirt underneath the polo? and maybe get your little girl a denim jacket to wear on top of whatever you find?

I also think you should ditch the clam diggers in favor of a knee-length pencil skirt or trouser jeans.

I would suggest getting your photographer to edit out the logos on the boys shirts. They will show up too prominently imo.

OK, so half a day later, my son is the only person wearing the shirt I posted for him in the picture :lol:. He is wearing the dark blue polo and jeans with his green Converse high-tops. Dd is wearing a dark blue (but not the exact shade of ds's shirt) fitted, v-neck tee with khaki clam diggers and flip-flops. Dh is wearing jeans and one of those plaid, western style shirts, with the pearl buttons, that I completely forgot he owned. It's something like this. Finally, I'm wearing a charcoal colored, cotton, knee-length skirt and a grey, v-neck, fitted tee.

I spent exactly $3.97 on dd's new tee :001_smile:. Everything else was in the closet.

We tried it all on, stood in front of the mirror with our best cheesy smiles, and thought we looked fabulous :D.

Hopefully, I'll have a decent pic to post after all is said and done. Thanks for the help!