Menu

Is Seussical the Musical worth the money/time?

I noticed your avatar. You aren’t in PDC, are you?

If so, my 4.5 yo and I saw it with a few other moms/kiddos last night. The boys gave it mixed reviews; the girls were more enthusiastic. (My daughter enjoyed it, but she is that type of kid.) The production was in Spanish, and the edginess of the words was probably lost in translation. Still, the young actors obviously worked hard and took the production seriously. I would say it is worth seeing!

We have only seen high school productions of it. It is good and entertaining, but if you have an older child who complains that "the movie is never as good as the book" then save your money. Our dislike of it was due more to it not being our "style" but for younger kids who might not enjoy Sweet Charity or Anything Goes, Suessical is a fun musical to see.

Our local area homeschool drama group did a terrific, high quality production of this and I laughed so hard my sides hurt! It is really, really good! If you enjoy Dr. Seuss books, you'll like this a lot!

I took my then 4 year old and she got a kick out of it, it really held her attention.

My son had one of the lead parts last year in their high school production... He played Horton.

It was the best high school musical I have ever watched. (I've seen a lot)

* the music is wonderful

* soo many bright colors and creative costumes.

Se it if you can...YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

DD12's private school did Suesical last year. It was one of my favorite student performances I have ever seen. Fast moving, colorful, charming....great! If her school can pull it off...I am sure a more polished performance would be a lot of fun to see!