Menu

HELP! I need a facial sunscreen for dd12 that is VERY effective please!

She half Italian, so she doesn't burn, but she is getting FRECKLES, even with the Neutrogena Pure and Free Baby stick that is SPF 60!

She has sensitive skin plus doesn't want to get pimples, so we need something non-greasy, and most sunscreens burn her eyes when swimming/sweating. The Neutrogena has worked well for all of the above, but she has been getting freckles lately across the upper cheekbones, even with a ton of it on.

It would prbly have to be something in stick form, so it doesn't run into the eyes, and a baby formula (since those are mild enough) with no fragrance.

HELP!! Please!!!

I certainly don't want to get into trouble for "soliciting" here, but I represent a certified organic skin care company from Europe (Neal's Yard Remedies) and we have an AWESOME certified organic (without ANY of the yucks you find in every other sunscreen) facial sunscreen. It is not greasy one bit and one that you can feel completely safe putting on your daughter! If you are interested in getting more info feel free to PM me, or you can see my website at http://www.us.nyrorganic.com/shop/tiffanie

You might want to look at La Roche-Posay Anthelios sunscreen. It is very protective. They don't come in stick form, but are fragrance free and for sensitive skin.

Sometimes freckles just happen though. This coming from a very fair but freckle-prone person with a not at fair, but still freckle-prone daughter.

Neutrogena is an excellent sunscreen. Maybe she needs to embrace the freckles. They aren't a bad word. They just happen if you are genetically inclined. The only way to prevent them is to stay out of the sun completely, and that is not healthy!

What was alarming me is that she's wearing the sunscreen heavily and still getting the freckles-this is all within the last few weeks they're popping out, when she's out in the 75 degree weather here. She has never had any before this.

So it's not the freckles per se that are the issue, but more the fact that the freckles show me that the sunscreen is not working.

Yes, mine pop up places I know never see the light. :lol: The heat doesn't have anything to do with it. Even if it were 40 degrees out and you're playing out in the sun, you can get a burn or freckles. It needs to be on you every second you're in the sun (even if it's cloudy) year round. Of course, healthwise, that is not a good idea. You need sunlight for your health. To a certain point.

Oh, ok, so they could just be popping out from prior sun exposure or something (or for no reason)? I didn't realize that-maybe I was just working from a wrong assumption then. I just thought it was weird that in the few weeks she was in the sun (after all winter being inside) they started coming, even with sunscreen.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch facial sunblock (cream) is SPF 70. I've used it a few times and it's non-greasy, doesn't melt into my eyes, etc. (I've only used it a few times because I usually just use the spray, since I have it in hand, not because I don't like the cream.)

Do any of the ones you've recommended make the face white? It's not a huge deal-just would like to get less white if possible since she's starting to get to the age where she cares about stuff like that.

I am also going to look at hats-good idea! I'll have to find a lightweight one; when I've tried hats in the past they get too hot wearing them.

I'd stick with Neutrogena - they have one specifically for faces as well. Always get something with the UVA + UVB protections.

Other than that.... hats.

But - I've never known anyone with freckles who has avoided getting them. A good friend of mine has rather pale skin and has ALWAYS been very good about staying out of the sun and using sunblock (even as a kid), and still has them all over. She gets more every year no matter how much sun she avoids.