Menu

Are shorts for women a no-no?

I have old lady wrinkly thighs! Boo! On my person, I like the look of a knee length skirt better than a knee length short. But I do wear them. Title Nine has lots of "SWBs" = skirts with benefits - these are really skirts with short built in underneath rather than skorts. To me, a true skort looks like a skirt from the front, but shorts from the back. These look like a skirt all the way around. However, with the built-in shorts they are good for physical activity, sitting criss-cross applesauce on the floor, etc. Some of ones from Title Nine are too short for me (16.5 inches), but some are 18.5 inches in length and look great.

Well I wear shorts. But you should never, ever take fashion advice from me.

I was thinking the same thing about me!

I wear shorts pretty much year-round when I'm home or out running errands.

When it's too cold for shorts, I wear sweatpants at home and jeans when I'm out in the world.

I put on a skirt for more formal occasions.

But, no one in her right mind would take anything I say about "fashion" with anything less than an enormous bolder of salt.

I am in pretty good shape, and at the lower end of the weight chart for my height - but I still look horrible in shorts.

They are all either too short, too long, too baggy, or they cut right across the thickest part of my thighs...

Blech.

I go for capris if not full pants.

I don't think they usually look good or appropriate on women past say 18, except for certain types. I don't want to see anyone in short shorts no matter their age. I am a generally skinny(size 4) and don't have big legs or anything fwiw, so it is not a size thing even. I do wear knee length cargo type for hiking and such. For everyday summer wear I find skirts to be the coolest though.

:svengo: :lol::lol:

Yes I reread, I do wear a top, LOL!!!!!

I guess you know I meant that not many people see me in shorts these days.......

I'm finishing up a senior, and not finishing my sentences well, off to check the rest of my posts!!!! :D

AND I fixed my other post.....

Edited by Susan C.

I wear bike shorts and T-shirts at home and for workout wear.

I'm trying to get rid of all my capris and think that most women do not look very good in them. :tongue_smilie: Particularly capris and flip-flops. A no-no for me.

I love a nice-looking, nice-fitting pair of shorts, but have a hard time finding the perfect pair. I found lovely ones in the U.K., but never in the U.S.

I don't wear short-shorts.

I live in shorts country :D Virtually everyone wears them here, and we live in one of the few parts of the country where a library sign reads, "Watch your toes". I wear shorts pretty often, but the last few years I've been wearing more khaki pants and capris just because I have them. I still wear some of my shorts from when I was a teen :)