Menu

Need some boys book recs!

hsbaby

My ds9 is finally reading a book he loves....The Indian in the Cupboard. I am not exaggerating when I say that this is the first book he has EVER enjoyed. He actually said he loved it *gasp*!! So, now I want to find some along this same line....I guess sort of fantasy. Any recommendations?

These are not fantasy, but my son loved the Hank Zipzer books at that age. They are written by Henry Winkler. There are nearly 20 of them, so they kept him busy for a while!

Eva Ibbotson also has some fantasy books that are very well-written. Some are written for an older audience, so be careful. A few of our favorites are Journey to the River Sea, Island of Aunts, and the Dragonfly Pool.

My fantasy-loving son liked The Wind in the Willows and the Moongobble and Me series. He also enjoys adventure-themed books from the Great Illustrated Classics series, especially The Three Musketeers, Ivanhoe, The Mutiny on the Bounty, the Swiss Family Robinson, and Robinson Crusoe.

we LOVE my side of the mountain

it's actually a trilogy too, but i've only read my side of the mountain. it was my favorite book when i was younger, and my kids have enjoyed it as much as i did.

my daughter and i recently read to catch a mermaid. it's really good! i'm confident a boy would love it equally, as the main character is a middle school boy that finds a baby mermaid. it has a similar feel to roald dahl.

Edited by mytwomonkeys