Menu

Happy Meal debate back ine the news.

I just don't understand why McDonald's is being targeted. It's disgusting food, yes, but why just fast food joints? How many restaurants "lure" kids (families) in with gimmicks like burgers & mini golf, coffee houses (with yummy pastries) and a special play area for kids, the Mall with its play area and gobs of icky dining options??? I'm glad the judge had a good head on his shoulders. Trying to mandate this one is imo, a slippery slope.

McDonalds is not luring children. A 4yo does not often walk up to the counter and order a Happy Meal.

If adults are so weak that they cannot say no and mean it then they have no business raising kids. It's not like toddlers have X-men abilities. The problem doesn't belong to the fast food joint and they shouldn't have to take the blame. Supply, demand and all that.

On an aside, can I say how pleased I am that Happy Meals here in Italy come with an extra side? We took The Groundhog for a special treat a year ago and he got a juice box, burger, fruit, and yogurt drink for his meal. It was very nice to see in the box.

McDonalds is not luring children. A 4yo does not often walk up to the counter and order a Happy Meal.

If adults are so weak that they cannot say no and mean it then they have no business raising kids. It's not like toddlers have X-men abilities. The problem doesn't belong to the fast food joint and they shouldn't have to take the blame. Supply, demand and all that.

On an aside, can I say how pleased I am that Happy Meals here in Italy come with an extra side? We took The Groundhog for a special treat a year ago and he got a juice box, burger, fruit, and yogurt drink for his meal. It was very nice to see in the box.

That's why I put "lure" in quotes. It's absolutely ridiculous that this is even in the courts. It's an extreme waste of taxpayer money, imo.