Menu

The term "high school sweetheart"

Implies that you were sweethearts when you were in high school, no matter where each of you went to school.

:iagree: but my mom and dad were high school sweethearts that did go to the same school and were in the same graduating class.

Implies that you were sweethearts when you were in high school, no matter where each of you went to school.

:iagree:Or even if you were both in high school at the same time. I say dh was my high school sweetheart because I was in high school when we were dating. He went to the same school but had already graduated before I got there. :D

I would consider it the person you dated when you were in high school. They didn't have to go to the same school, or any school.

:iagree:

My husband and I dated in high school. We meet in the last month of his high school career and dated the summer after him graduating but before my junior year.

To me it simply means one you dated while you were in high school. The other party may or may not have been in attendance at your school at the same time, or at any time.

Wow...cross school dating? I don't think that was very common at all where I grew up. Not in high school. Big rivals they were. LOL

I consider it the guy you asked to the Senior Ball since you weren't into dating and wanted to go with someone as just friends (he was your younger brother's geeky friend with a bowl haircut :D ) yet here you are 21 years and 11 dc later.

Other than that I consider high school sweethearts those who dated in high school regardless of where they went to school. In my case, my sweetheart was in my school and had a locker across the hallway from mine.