Menu

Do you ever get the urge...

To clean in the middle of the night?

It's 1:00 a.m. here and I REALLY want to do some cleaning. The kids are sleeping in our bedroom so I'm going to concentrate on our upstairs but I cannot sleep. I feel like I must clean NOW.

Does that ever happen to anyone else?

Dishwasher is going. Laundry is washing. And now I'm heading upstairs to dust the guest bedroom and steam the bathroom floor.

I can't sleep. I don't feel like reading. I don't want to play FB games or Webkinz. I am craving steam mopping. It must be spring somewhere. :lol:

Yes. I just finished mopping my kitchen floor and am waiting for it to dry so I can check for spots.

I have a 5 month old and a 3 year old, cleaning at night is the only way I ensure it stays clean for more than an hour. Plus, it's nice to wake up to a clean house!

I have a 5 month old and a 3 year old, cleaning at night is the only way I ensure it stays clean for more than an hour. Plus, it's nice to wake up to a clean house!

That's how I feel - I mopped already today, but it needs it again. I don't actually want to be awake, but I may have guests tomorrow, and today's cleaning didn't last long. :tongue_smilie:

I have never felt that way in my life. :p

But if anyone near me does feel the urge, and their house is already clean, they could come to me. I was just talking to dh today about hiring someone to come every two weeks and scrub the "nooks and crannies" that just don't get done often enough.

It is after midnight here and we are cleaning/shampooing the upstairs carpets. (Hoping we are not waking up the neighbors.) I don't have a lot of time to do much cleaning during the day, so many times we are doing it at night. I love the feeling of waking up in the morning and having the house clean. Since I was a child I remember cleaning at night and being excited to wake up to a clean room.

It is after midnight here and we are cleaning/shampooing the upstairs carpets. (Hoping we are not waking up the neighbors.) I don't have a lot of time to do much cleaning during the day, so many times we are doing it at night. I love the feeling of waking up in the morning and having the house clean. Since I was a child I remember cleaning at night and being excited to wake up to a clean room.

I did that too!! It used to drive my parents NUTS when I would start vacuuming at 3:00 a.m.

I am a natural night person too. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE middle of the night cleaning. I can do stuff without answering a million questions and no one is coming behind me making another mess at the same time.

My only problem is that we have 4 cats and the nights are usually their time so I have to be careful I don't trip over galloping crazy night cats.

I wish we could hop over to each other's homes. It would be a blast to do this with another mom. ;)

It IS a blast!

My friend, who is also my neighbor, loves cleaning other people's houses. She's got me into it and about twice a year we swap. She cleans my main floor and I do hers.

She sits in her kitchen and we gab while I mop her floors and vice versa. It's so nice because we're both so vocal about good a job the other person is doing.

When I went into labor with DS early, she let herself in and picked up, vacuumed, cleaned out my fridge, and washed my kitchen counters and dishes, so that when I came with him I wouldn't see a mess.

To clean in the middle of the night?

It's 1:00 a.m. here and I REALLY want to do some cleaning. The kids are sleeping in our bedroom so I'm going to concentrate on our upstairs but I cannot sleep. I feel like I must clean NOW.

Does that ever happen to anyone else?

Dishwasher is going. Laundry is washing. And now I'm heading upstairs to dust the guest bedroom and steam the bathroom floor.

I can't sleep. I don't feel like reading. I don't want to play FB games or Webkinz. I am craving steam mopping. It must be spring somewhere. :lol:

I so wish you were here. In-laws are coming today and I was up to 12:30 am cleaning and still have work to do this morning. We would have made and awesome team!;)

This is totally a difference between night people and morning people, I think. I sometimes wish I was a night person, because then I could get so much more done when my kids are asleep.

My husband is a night person but I don't think it would ever occur to him to clean at that time of day. Or most other times of day. Oh well.

I often wake up at 3 or 4 ready to clean, cook, or otherwise do something with my hands.

Ok, that just sounds VILE. I'm not getting up early!!! That makes it seem to much more work-ish. :lol:

I cleaned until 3:00 last night and then took a bath until 5:00. I'm groggy but so happy whenever I go upstairs.

I used to do that a couple of times a week. I need to get back into it.

Yes I sometimes get that urge late. Not often enough or maybe I just ignore the urge ;) Especially when dh use to work nights.

Not long ago a friend of mine was talking about waking at 2am and couldn't sleep so she cleaned the house really good. She said "if I can't sleep tonight I don't know what I will do the house is so clean" I told her to call me. I would wake up and let her in. I would even help. :lol:

Can you imagine getting a call at 2am with someone saying "hey can you unlock your door? I would like to come in and scrub your house spotless."

That usually only happens when I am very stressed. At that point I sleep less anyway, and I get a bit obsessive. If I notice something like a spot on the mirror, I can't rest until I clean it. And then of course I notice another spot, and another...I wind up cleaning the whole room. Or house.

Fortunately, that doesn't happen often. :)