Menu

WWE workbook....pull out the pages each day?

BatmansWife

Sorry if this was discussed already....I can't seem to find it. In the WWE workbook it says to pull out the student page for each day. Does anyone just keep them in the book.....or does the teacher need the book the same time the student needs the page? If I pull out the pages....I'm thinking of using a clip board to put them on each day. But, how do you store the pages afterwards? Just put them in a folder?

When we use our Writing With Ease workbooks I pull out the student pages for that day. We do the lesson as I hold the book and they have the pages. Once they complete the pages we simply toss them in the trash. No point in keeping tons of papers.

Exactly. It is easier for her to write on them flat on the table, and I toss them with the other workbook pages at the end of the school day - although I did keep her first page of copywork so she can compare that to the last page to see her own progress.

I used to hole punch them and put them in a binder. I broke two hole punchers in a short period of time so I had it with hole punchers and now I just keep them in a folder.

You could possibly keep them in the book, but the pages don't lie that flat so I think it would be rather annoying to write on them that way.

Sounds like you're a wicked hole puncher. Thanks for the info (and now I know to never let you borrow my hole puncher). :001_smile:

When we use our Writing With Ease workbooks I pull out the student pages for that day. We do the lesson as I hold the book and they have the pages. Once they complete the pages we simply toss them in the trash. No point in keeping tons of papers.

Exactly. It is easier for her to write on them flat on the table, and I toss them with the other workbook pages at the end of the school day - although I did keep her first page of copywork so she can compare that to the last page to see her own progress.

Egads! :eek: Say it isn't so! :svengo:

At the beginning of the year I take my WWE workbooks to Fedex Kinkos and have them cut the binding off, seperate the stack into two the two sections (teacher and student pages) and coil bind each one. That way, I have my teacher pages all together for the next go around and the student pages are all stay together too. It does not cost much to do this...and it totally worth it!

I bought the PDF student pages so I could just print off the ones I wanted and keep the other book together. That way if I wanted to sell it, it would have more resale value since it still had the student pages. Once the whole workbook came out as PDF I bought that and read the teacher stuff off my computer or iPad and printed the student pages.

At the beginning of the year I take my WWE workbooks to Fedex Kinkos and have them cut the binding off, seperate the stack into two the two sections (teacher and student pages) and coil bind each one. That way, I have my teacher pages all together for the next go around and the student pages are all stay together too. It does not cost much to do this...and it totally worth it!

:iagree: This is what we did as well. It works perfectly for us.

I would do the same, except I'd have the pages three-hole punched, and keep them in three-ring notebooks. Dc would be able to lay each page flat on the table to write on then put it back in the notebook; and I could insert any pages of my own into my book.

With my big 2 I tore out the pages for 1 and bought a separate package of the student pages for the other. They each had their own binder. With ds8 I decided to leave them in the book and just photocopy the necessary page. That way I could still use the book with dd4 when she is big enough without buying more student sheets (like I will need to do with book 2 when ds8 starts it)

I bought the student pages PDF for book 1, though I ended up ditching them partway through because the lines were too HUGE for my first grader. I then made up pages in Startwrite instead.

Now in WWE2, we just use plain notebook paper, and he copies direction from the workbook.

I do the same, except I go to Staples :D

I go to Staples, have the binding cut off, the teacher pages spiral-bound, and the student pages punched with holes. I keep the student pages in a 3-ring binder, taking them from the front and sticking them in the back when completed.

Theoretically, at the end of the year I save some sample work from the completed binder and ditch the rest. (I'm really bad at this type of follow-through, however! I have lots of meaningless, overstuffed binders of the kids' workbook pages.)

Sounds like you're a wicked hole puncher. Thanks for the info (and now I know to never let you borrow my hole puncher). :001_smile:

Egads! :eek: Say it isn't so! :svengo:

:D Yep, I'm pretty brutal with paper clutter - which is what workbook pages really are. I even toss out the cute artwork after I take a picture of the good stuff.

Thanks everyone. There are some good ideas to consider here.

:D Yep, I'm pretty brutal with paper clutter - which is what workbook pages really are. I even toss out the cute artwork after I take a picture of the good stuff.

Gosh, Karen. You really are harsh.

:001_smile:

We do something similar. I take ALL the workbooks to Kinkos & have them 3 hole punch them. For thick ones, I have them cut the binding off as well. Each of my kids has a 3 inch binder, with tabs dividing it by subjects. I then file each workbook in the appropriate spot. For thicker workbooks, I just file a month's worth of pages.

The notebook also includes things like handwriting sample page to copy from, their calendar, etc. That way EVERYTHING my kids need to do school other than their pencil box is in ONE PLACE. (We school in therapy offices a lot, so transportability is key!)

No I think I'm just cheap and buy cheap lousy hole punchers. Which one do you have? I'd like to find a good one.

I can't find mine right now. :confused: I don't even know if it has a brand name on it. I think it's just a 3-hole puncher from walmart. Try getting a better one (not so cheap)....and then don't be so heavy handed girl. :001_smile:

I go to Staples, have the binding cut off, the teacher pages spiral-bound, and the student pages punched with holes. I keep the student pages in a 3-ring binder, taking them from the front and sticking them in the back when completed.

I got both parts spiral bound. I also had them make a copy of the student pages and spiral bind another set, which I'm now using with DD1. I should have made two copies, bc now I'm going to have to buy a set for DD2 one day!

I just pull them all out at the beginning of the year and stick them in a binder. Each week, I put the sheets for the week in their weekly work folder. When we are done with WWE for the week, I just stick them back in the binder, but put them in the back. They stay in order this way, which is always a good thing:)

Sorry, haven't read all the reponses, but.... this isn't what we do but this idea stuck in my head...

Use an exacto and slice the spine btwn the parent and student section. Either get a cardstock cover and back copy at kinkos or just use a piece of cardstock - using packaging tape to hold in place.

You'll have a FREE and well bound teacher and student and can always get the binding cut off later if you decide it doesn't work well.

We've opted at this point to keep our WWE3 book intact and don't do any writing on the student pages. A little harder to do w/ WWE1 or 2.

A trip to Staples takes a whole afternoon for me, so I just rip out the perforated pages and hole punch as we go along, leaving a nice, neat binder for the next kid.

The "hand me down" kid does her work on our own lined paper. I hand write her copywork most of the time. This way she gets to use the line size best for her.

I bought the student pages PDF for book 1, though I ended up ditching them partway through because the lines were too HUGE for my first grader. I then made up pages in Startwrite instead.

Now in WWE2, we just use plain notebook paper, and he copies direction from the workbook.

:iagree: Because of the lines in the book being big, we just started using composition notebook with the dashed lines in the middle so that his writing doubles as cursive work as well:)