Menu

Brain Pop question

KristenR

What are your thoughts on this site? I recently received an offer from a local group I'ma member of to join in on their co-op and get Brain Pop for $20 for the year. It would give me access to Brain Pop, BrainPop Jr, and the spanish one.

I just checked their website and that seems like a HUGE savings. Since its such a great deal I have thinking I should pick it up. But on the other hand I didn't even know about Brain Pop before and hadn't planned on spending any more money.

Thoughts?

I'd get it!

My kids ADORE Annie and Moby (from BrainPop Jr). They come running when they hear the sounds. To my oldest, it's something fun to play around on while the middle two still enjoy more.starfall.

Just be careful, though, because random fact spoutage does happen. Just the other day we took the kids out to eat. Abby said very loudly, "This is quite yummy, but I wonder how many calories and grams of sugar it has..." Oh, the looks we got when our super skinny 5yo said that!

My kids love it too!! My 4.5 year old son wants to watch the science movies on Brainpop Jr just for fun. He could sit in front of the computer for hours. And I know exactly what you mean about the spouting of random facts. It can be histerical sometimes.

I use it to supplement science mostly.

I would also get it. For my kids I just use as a Spanish resource. My Just turned 8 yo dd loves the videos and asks to watch a couple at bedtime! I don't generally use the extra activities with her. I do use all the extra material with my 15 yo dd.

Alright you guys convinced me. I figured at the price it was worth the shot to at least try it out- but hearing how much you all love it, I'm sure we'll enjoy it here.

I wish I knew how to go about arranging a group buy. I have no idea how it was done through this group. Maybe you can contact the company in person and see if they have some minimal amount of purchase or something.

• 2 weeks later...
I would also get it. For my kids I just use as a Spanish resource. My Just turned 8 yo dd loves the videos and asks to watch a couple at bedtime! I don't generally use the extra activities with her. I do use all the extra material with my 15 yo dd.

Does she watch the videos in Spanish, or is there a separate Spanish section?

There are three BrainPop sites: The regular one, the Jr section and then the Spanish. The Spanish section is for the same age range as the regular BrainPop. It has a lot of the same content but not all of it, although I still feel it is worth it.

There are three BrainPop sites: The regular one, the Jr section and then the Spanish. The Spanish section is for the same age range as the regular BrainPop. It has a lot of the same content but not all of it, although I still feel it is worth it.

I'm only seeing learning english part.

I had never realized this before, but for $6/month, you can get full access to the BrainPop site (videos and online quizzes at least) on the iPad and iPod. You can cancel any time. That is way better than the $200 they charge to sign up otherwise.

That is still expensive for a full year, but for a couple of months it's okay.