Menu

Farm family vocabulary lesson.

In the last 2 days I have used the following words with my kids: v*lva, Colustrum, Scr*tum,and Placenta.

We had a cow give birth yesterday, and they wanted to see it all.

Hopefully they do not embarrass me by using their new words at the worst possible moment. Un-farming families might not understand.

In the last 2 days I have used the following words with my kids: v*lva, Colustrum, Scr*tum,and Placenta.

Hopefully they do not embarrass me by using their new words at the worst possible moment. Un-farming families might not understand.

Brings s** education to life, does it not? And somehow makes it easier to talk about it. At least I felt this way.

definitely. It's just life around here. So much less embarrassing when it is about cows and chickens.

You know, I thought "the talk" would be so much easier because we had some pretty feisty chickens. My poor DD never realized people did the same thing.

I hear you. When my dd was about five we were at a ballgame, and the moms there almost bust a gut listening to her explain how hens get chicks in those eggs.

"Then the rooster grabs the back of her neck and pulls her feathers and she's pregnant!" One of the moms leaned over and said "Yep, every time Jeff pulls my hair I'm pregnant too."

LOL! My dd5 has become most interested in exactly where mammal babies are born from. How to be delicate and still real . . . . She also wanted to know the difference between a bull and a steer. Unfortunately we don't have any farm critters to use as examples.

Yes, the animals are quite the education these days. :D Spring, :w00t:

I hear you. When my dd was about five we were at a ballgame, and the moms there almost bust a gut listening to her explain how hens get chicks in those eggs.

"Then the rooster grabs the back of her neck and pulls her feathers and she's pregnant!" One of the moms leaned over and said "Yep, every time Jeff pulls my hair I'm pregnant too."

:lol::lol: One of my kids quoted my mother the other day at coop when asked how things were going at the farm, "There's a rape a minute in the hen house these days......" :lol:

:lol::lol: One of my kids quoted my mother the other day at coop when asked how things were going at the farm, "There's a rape a minute in the hen house these days......" :lol:

:lol: I lived on a farm as a teen and chicken sex always looked violent and non-consensual to me! I always felt sorry for them. :p

One of my kids quoted my mother the other day at coop when asked how things were going at the farm, "There's a rape a minute in the hen house these days......"

Oh, my! Honestly, I rarely laugh OUT LOUD, but this one did it!