Menu

What's a good blender for making fruit smoothies?

We have an old Oster, but are wondering if there's something better out there for smoothies.

Blueberry-Raspberry-Blackberry Smoothies

• 1-2 cups of frozen berries (triple mix from Sam's Club)
  • 1 cup milk or half & half

Blend until fruit is pulverized.

• More milk or half & half
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 scoop protein powder (optional)

Blend until smooth. This is the part that takes a lot of turning the blender OFF and mixing it up with a spoon. Is that normal, or have you discovered the blender of all blenders? :bigear:

I have a Blendtec and that is my baby !!

If we had a fire in our home, after rescuing my husband, kids and pets I would grab my Blendtec, I just love that thing !!

It is my most used small appliance in my home.

I can't recommend them enough, though they are quite pricey.

We have the Wildside Blendtec Blender and I got it on sale for $ 437, that is on sale and a HUGE amount of money. But so well worth it if you make green smoothies daily.

It was my one major splurge and I haven't regretted it one bit.:001_smile:

I wanted a Vitamix for a long time (many, many years!) I finally got one this past Christmas and it's all and more than I had hoped it would be. It is definitely the blender of all blenders, I absolutely love it. I've had several standard blenders over the year, plus I've had a Magic Bullet, and a few immersion blenders. The Vitamix is so much better, it's not even in the same league. I hear the Blendtec is good as well but I haven't tried it. I really like the tamper that the Vitamix has, I'm not sure how I'd make nut butters and other thick things if I couldn't use the tamper while I was blending. I highly recommend the Vitamix.

I wanted a Vitamix for a long time (many, many years!) I finally got one this past Christmas and it's all and more than I had hoped it would be. It is definitely the blender of all blenders, I absolutely love it. I've had several standard blenders over the year, plus I've had a Magic Bullet, and a few immersion blenders. The Vitamix is so much better, it's not even in the same league. I hear the Blendtec is good as well but I haven't tried it. I really like the tamper that the Vitamix has, I'm not sure how I'd make nut butters and other thick things if I couldn't use the tamper while I was blending. I highly recommend the Vitamix.

:iagree:

I have wanted one since college and finally got it. Definitely worth it!

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Pretty much exactly. :lol:

Wanted it for years, got one over the holidays, it's a super blender and the tamper makes nut butters so much easier. The only difference is I never had an immersion blender.

If money is no option, a Blendtec or a Vitamix is the way to go. If you have a budget, the Kitchenaids are great for the price.

:iagree: we love our blendtec. It was a replacement for an old higher end blender. I'm amazed at how many things I no longer have to scrape the inside of the blender for, and how fast. my son makes milkshakes with no problem.

just for fun, go to youtube for the "will it blend" (do not try this at home ;)) blendtec videos.

We make fruit smoothies every day here and use an immersion blender. This one actually. It's inexpensive and works great with everything--frozen fruit, frozen meat, etc. I think it could handle anything and easily. Best of all, to me, is that I can put the cup and mixer part (everything that needs cleaned) directly in the dishwasher. I also have a great, and very expensive, blender but we never use it anymore.

Edited by sbgrace

Another vote for a Vitamix if you can afford it. Over the long run, you will spend the same money anyway, because blending frozen fruit in a cheaper blender will eventually burn up the motor. Vitamix comes with a 7 year warranty, and you can use it as a food processor and coffee grinder in addition to blender. I have a good friend who makes smoothies all the time but doesn't want to spend the money for a Vitamix. She has gone through numerous blenders. I'm trying to convince that she needs to request a Vitamix for Christmas. :001_smile:

I finally broke down and bought a Vitamix last year. We LOVE it!

I got a Ninja and love it. You can pulse it so it won't get too hot. It will crush ice to a pulp.

I got a Kitchen Aid Mixer, a Wonder Mill grinder so after my preacher told me he loved his Ninja, I had to try it. I gave away my Magic Bullet. I got my Ninja on Amazon, but Sam's Club has them too.