Menu

What iPad cover do *you* like?

Ok, let's say you have an ipad coming to your house, and let's say you previously thought you were going to get some thick, drop-proof, unbreakable kind of case (Gumdrop, Otterbox, whatever) and are now having 2nd thoughts. And let's say you suddenly realized your toddler has NEVER dropped or thrown your smart phone and is an absolute angel about using it. And let's say you suddenly realized all that added up to meaning you *could* get a cover *you* like and not some thick, rubbery thing. What would you want? :bigear:

Smart cover from apple?

Something else?

And let's say you especially liked a bright, pretty blue. :D

Thanks!!!!

I have a smart cover, but it leaves the back open (and so got a few scuffs when it was in my handbag). I did love that the smart cover folded into a little tripod that was the perfect angle for typing I also loved the minimal design, the color, and that closing it put the pad to sleep. I guess I would still use the smart cover around the house, then slip it into an additional neoprene envelope for carrying in my bag. (Right now it is dh's work machine and so is in an otterbox. When mine comes I get to have a pretty cover again!)

Thanks happygrrl, I had totally forgotten about the back getting scratched! I looked at some of the options popular on amazon, and I finally realized they were all a pain at some point. I found a deal on a black gumdrop case, which wasn't what I wanted colorwise, but at 25% off I can deal with it. ;)

Now hopefully it doesn't add too much bulk or make it obnoxious to slide into a bag!

We'll probably go with the gumdrop cases for the kids' pads. My pad will never be touched by any other human hands :glare: so I am willing to go pretty, with the additional sleeve for carrying (which for me is not that often, really).

Are you getting a 3? :D

I have a smart cover, but it leaves the back open (and so got a few scuffs when it was in my handbag). I did love that the smart cover folded into a little tripod that was the perfect angle for typing I also loved the minimal design, the color, and that closing it put the pad to sleep. I guess I would still use the smart cover around the house, then slip it into an additional neoprene envelope for carrying in my bag. (Right now it is dh's work machine and so is in an otterbox. When mine comes I get to have a pretty cover again!)

I like the smart cover and didn't want to add bulk to mine, so I got a special back cover that is like a stick on skin from ZAGG.com I love it because they have everything from simple colors to photos. Mine has a savannah scene with elephants on it.

I like the smart cover and didn't want to add bulk to mine, so I got a special back cover that is like a stick on skin from ZAGG.com I love it because they have everything from simple colors to photos. Mine has a savannah scene with elephants on it.

Those look really coo! Thanks!

I have an iPearl cover-it's more like what you usually see on a nook or Kindle, fully covers the screen when not in use, and converts to an easel when watching videos. It also has a holder for a stylus. I use a screen protector as well-and I'm glad I did, because DD's first attempt at using a stylus put several scratches on the protector until she figured out that you didn't angle it like a pencil (I figure I'll give her a little longer for it to become natural, and then replace the protector).

Well, I'm about to buy my iPad an Otterbox or Gumdrop. I will shamefully admit to cracking two iPad screens in the last year and a half. Embarrassing, I know. I'm honestly usually a very careful person, and generally my things last much longer than normal, but I'm a little clumsy, and that doesn't go well with the iPad apparently. I do tote my iPad everywhere though, so it doesn't really get babied.

The first one broke while inside of my diaper bag. I still don't know how it happened. I suppose I might have put it down too hard?? Or maybe I put something heavy on top of it, but I can't imagine doing that. The second one broke when I put it down on top of my diaper bag on the floor of my car. It slid off the diaper bag and on to the parking lot. It wasn't more than two feet, but it was definitely broken. It was in a slim case that covered the front, back, and all corners.

This time I'm going for heavy duty, but if you're going to mostly keep it at home, I probably wouldn't worry about it.

Well Annie, you sure made me feel better, lol! I haven't broken one yet! (But I haven't had it in my hot hands either, hehe.) I did finally go with the Gumdrop. We'll see. Hopefully it's fine. Like you, I want to be able to sling it in a bag and go places, and I'd probably break it, just like you. As far as Otterbox vs. Gumdrop, we had a thread earlier and Gumdrop was the winner.

Thanks ladies!! :)

We have an iGuy. It's foam, covers everything but the screen, and has handles for holding the iPad w/o touching the screen. It even has legs so the kids can stand it up on a table. I love this thing and get asked about it by other parents everywhere we go! Oh yeah, and much as I'm ashamed to admit it, our iPad has been dropped, slammed or abused more times than I care to count and has nary a scratch. It's mostly the kids' gizmo and they are rough!!

I was thinking I'd just use the same one for my 3 when it arrives. However, I am seeing TONS of cute covers and am having cover-envy.

I use the smart cover, and slip the pad into a neoprene case when I take it with me anywhere.

I had a pretty heavy-duty case on my first iPad and it really did protect it, even with the grandkids fooling with it.

My 2 has never had anything other than the smart cover. The back is in good shape, but, like I said I put it in a case when I took it places. A few weeks ago, I half dropped a stoneware bowl on it - I caught it right as it hit, but it made a few little cuts in my screen (very tiny ones). I was sad. I am so anal about my electronics, and HATE when they don't look brand new.

My 3 might have a screen protector from day 1!

We purchased the smart covers from apple same day we pre-ordered our new ipads. However we've both decided since the purchase of the covers that we will return them once they arrive to us on Tuesday. We both realized that we want an actual CASE for them. Mine will be going into my purse so I want more coverage and protection than the smart cover and a back skin can offer.

I already purchased my new case. Casecrown that is red through amazon. DH is torn between which case to get, but it's between either a casecrown or a roocase.

Edited by mamaofblessings