Menu

what color shoes? (DD9, formal occasion)

Oldest DD is wearing this for a formal occasion (a ceremony for DH). It's kind of an oddball color/pattern but after DD tried it on she loved it. What color shoes would you envision your 9 year old daughter wearing? I think she's going to be wearing thin white tights.

I've been thinking of these, maybe I could find a red cardigan to go with? Would that look OK or would you stick with basic black flats? Patent leather? Pewter? I refuse to buy white shoes, don't even go there :lol: I'd hope to keep the cost to under $35. I keep thinking she needs something sparkly/fun/girly and maybe red shoes would do.

Thanks for any input :bigear:

The red shoes are cute and it is trendy to have a bit of flair on shoes. What about making a little pin for her waist that is a red flower the same color as the shoes? A red sweater would be cute but, it would have to be the right red and very simple style. The pattern on the dress could be overwhelming with a heavily patterned sweater (even if it is all red).

The dress is very cute, but it's not at all formal.

Personally, I would go with navy shoes (but they have to be the right shade; otherwise stick with black) and no cardigan, but if you think she'll need a cardigan for warmth, I like the idea of a red one with the red shoes.

If you decide on a cardigan, be sure she tries it on with the dress to be sure it doesn't hit her in the wrong place and make her look chubby. It would need to be exactly waist-length to be flattering, because once it's longer than that, it will be over a flared part of the dress, and will make her look like her body is either completely straight up and down, or that her hips are wide.

Edited by Catwoman

The dress is very cute, but it's not at all formal.

Personally, I would go with navy shoes (but they have to be the right shade; otherwise stick with black) and no cardigan, but if you think she'll need a cardigan for warmth, I like the idea of a red one with the red shoes.

If you decide on a cardigan, be sure she tries it on with the dress to be sure it doesn't hit her in the wrong place and make her look chubby. It would need to be exactly waist-length to be flattering, because once it's longer than that, it will be over a flared part of the dress, and will make her look like her body is either completely straight up and down, or that her hips are wide.

:iagree: actually I wonder if a shrug might be better. The ruffled edge on the dress may be hard to get a matched line though.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/kids/girls/girls-7-16/sweaters?id=47651&edge=hybrid