Menu

What's up with The Denim Jumper?

I don't have an info but Sarah, the owner, is out of the country. However, the people hosting the site are not ... but I don't know how to contact them.

I emailed Sarah, and she doesn't know either. She thought maybe you'd know. No? Bummer. :001_unsure:

Oh, boy. Not only do I not know, but I have no idea who to email about it!

Hmmm....it's a mystery!

I just emailed Sarah back to tell her that you said you don't know anything. Maybe she'll email you and give you some names to contact? Are you a mod?

Yes, I'm a mod.

We've had server glitches before, where it would be down for a day or two; I was assuming, at first, that this was just one of those. But it's gone on waaaay too long!

I don't know where the server was located. I wonder if it was in one of the areas hit by storms? Hopefully, it wasn't in Iowa. That's the only thing I can think of ... that, or the domain registration expired ... but Sarah would know if it was that.

Yes, it's Poppins, and she's out of the country right now. But ... if it was time for the domain reg. to come up she'd have been emailed about it ... and if the people who run the server are having problems, you'd think they'd email her too ... unless they can't. Poppins owns the domain, and someone else hosts it for her. But I can't remember who!

I didn't know there were so many DJ girls over here.

Hi! I miss it and I don't like it being down.

It's a lot of fun over there. Most of you ladies are too deep for me, but I have LOTS of fun reading your posts.

I'm usually a habitual lurker, but I'm trying to post more. I sort of felt like a "Peeping Thomasita."

I'm usually a habitual lurker, but I'm trying to post more. I sort of felt like a "Peeping Thomasita."

Me too! I've been lurking there for years, and have hardly posted at all. It's such a small community and it feels like you need a formal introduction before you really start posting. But I hate introductions. I would much rather just slip in the back door and start chatting than turn the spotlight on myself with an introduction. (And, uh, that was chatting with lower-case t's!)

But since the beginning of summer, I have stepped out of mostly lurking mode here, so maybe once the DJ is back up and running I will get over my intro issues and post one so I can join in on all the fun conversations I've missed out on so far.

Well now that we all know each other from here, we have no excuses not to be posting over there.

Uh oh... I can see all the DJ regulars shaking in their boots! :D

But seriously, it would be nice (at least I think so) if it had a little more activity on it. Not as much as this place, though. I couldn't handle two boards this active.

I can do 2 active boards, but the jumper would be 3 for me. I think my family might shoot me. As is I am only on here and the other one every other week. When dh is at home for his week off I take a week off of the boards.

I will try to be more active over there.....

I'm guilty as well. In the last few months, I've been chatting there less and less ... but part of that is that no one else was chatting! ;-) That, and a personal matter, but I think the personal matter has taken care of itself.

Well, and, I know I'll get more responses here, because this is a bigger board. Which is just dumb, because the more people talk over there, the bigger it will become, theoretically ...

Stephanie,

I tend to post here and at the spot more because I get my posts answered faster also. The DJ can be a little slow at times, but still a great board. Now if we all start posting more hey we can get it jumpin' again!

Well, and, I know I'll get more responses here, because this is a bigger board. Which is just dumb, because the more people talk over there, the bigger it will become, theoretically ...

Well, it's about to become bigger by one...I'd never heard of it before this thread. But now I MUST investigate.

(like I need ANOTHER board to visit.):D

I didn't know there were so many DJ girls over here.

Hi! I miss it and I don't like it being down.

It's a lot of fun over there. Most of you ladies are too deep for me, but I have LOTS of fun reading your posts.

I miss it.....I thought it was just me, since I had so many problems logging in here a while ago. FINGERS CROSSED THAT THINGS GET SORTED OUT SOON!