Menu

Poll of sorts: So, whatcha doin' tonight?

Besides popping in here every 5 minutes to chat, that is. I'll start, though I am sure you can guess where I am, lol.

Yep, as usual, I am down in the studio. I am jamming to music, keeping the woodstove burning nice and hot (it's cold out, and it helps the gesso to dry faster), and preparing substrates- sanding and applying gesso. IT isn't thoughtful work, so I am having a Mike's. They are so pricey in our area that this is a real treat- every now and again, dh brings me one. Yummy.

Dinner is in the oven, kids are finishing schoolwork, and dh is out running an errand for work tomorrow.

What are you doing? Is there something good on the telly? Reading a good book, playing games with the keddunks, studying, or doing something more unusual?

Your turn......

Oh, it's a barrel of monkeys here!;)

I removed all of my decorations from the 10+ foot ledge in the living room and vacuumed the life-sized dust bunnies off of the ledge. I then dusted all of the items and began sneezing violently from the dust and hit my head on the ledge.

Ow.

I then put the items back.

I did this with a ladder that is too short thus forcing me to perch precariously atop the "This is not a step" step.

:D

Oh, it's a barrel of monkeys here!;)

I removed all of my decorations from the 10+ foot ledge in the living room and vacuumed the life-sized dust bunnies off of the ledge. I then dusted all of the items and began sneezing violently from the dust and hit my head on the ledge.

Ow.

I then put the items back.

I did this with a ladder that is too short thus forcing me to perch precariously atop the "This is not a step" step.

:D

You are so funny, Laney. So now I am laughing and getting gesso on my keyboard (hey, it goes well with the blue paint that is already on the keys!):p

I'm playing a terribly addictive game on Facebook that my hubby helped create. I started playing it just to be supportive to dh and the guys at work, but now I'm just plain hooked! It's called PackRat, btw, if any Facebook users want to check it out. Be warned, your children might not get fed and your laundry migiht not get folded. ;)

Jami

Nothing exciting but some necessary planning for the rest of our year. Going through books, curriculum that we aren't using at the moment, clearning off shelves, figuring out what I need to buy for next year, organizing supplies (AGAIN!), doing ds5 and 6's laundry, etc. Nothing fun or exciting as usual.

Trying to relax after running Hobbes' cub scout den (why does doing this stress me out so much?). Kids were in bed by nine, so I switched off the computer, had a hot chocolate with a shot of peppermint liqueur, watched one episode of West Wing, then read Strong Poison by Dorothy Sayers for probably the thirtieth time - this time in a big warm bath.

Pure relaxation - I slept for 8 1/2 hours and awoke to snuggles with the boys before going out for a walk. Now, if every night and morning could work that well....

Laura

Besides popping in here every 5 minutes to chat, that is. I'll start, though I am sure you can guess where I am, lol.

Yep, as usual, I am down in the studio. I am jamming to music, keeping the woodstove burning nice and hot (it's cold out, and it helps the gesso to dry faster), and preparing substrates- sanding and applying gesso. IT isn't thoughtful work, so I am having a Mike's. They are so pricey in our area that this is a real treat- every now and again, dh brings me one. Yummy.

Dinner is in the oven, kids are finishing schoolwork, and dh is out running an errand for work tomorrow.

What are you doing? Is there something good on the telly? Reading a good book, playing games with the keddunks, studying, or doing something more unusual?

Your turn......

I just got back from a date with dh! We went to eat at a seafood restaurant and it was nice. We were only gone for 1.5 hours, but it was nice. Now I'm about to read to the dc and put them to bed. I'm going to lay in my bed and have my orange. Hope everyone enjoys their night!

We played Munchkin Bites.

Now bedtime stories are over, and dh and I are trying to figure out if we're awake enough to watch the Lost recap, or to watch a House (we're catching up), or if we need to just sleep.

Laura, if you read this, the den meetings stress me out too. Ugh. I am so glad we're having a field trip in February, so we'll only have one den meeting.

I attended an all day seminar on grant writing today. Helpful, but man, my head ached by the time it was over! I guess there's not much room in my brain for new information. Der!! Okay, I know you didn't ask what I did today, but that was background infro.

Soup for supper. Asprin for the ache (which I almost NEVER take!).

(...this is starting to sound darn near poetic!....)

Spent some time in a book while the kids read and colored. Dd13 just created a pretty incredible PEACE sign using that age old "scratch" technique. I swear I want it as a bumper sticker - it's that good! Listening to Michael Franti and eating lowfat Fig Newmans.

I know, I know. You really wanna be me. indifferent0028.gif

Doran

Thanks for playing everyone! Hope you all had a great night, and I will see you tomorrow evening. I got 14 boards gesso-ed, and 4 of them coated with pumice gel before I ran out! Gotta be up at 4 to take dh to the airport, so it is off to bed for me.

Oh- Chris- Hang in there, honey, hang in.

My evening from 6 pm until 11:30 pm:

I loaded and ran the dishwasher and washed 3 skillets, 4 pots and 4 pizza pans. This was before dinner because I am a lazy so-and-so who did not get to it last night because we had to go to a science fair.

I have been supervising homework. DS1 had to re-do his history assignment (answering questions from the chapter) *six* times before he finally answered the questions fully. I told him it would not be long before he turned this 3 hours of work into the 30 minutes max it should have taken him, because he will do it correctly the first time. I gave him a Saxon math test to see in which areas he needs help with algebra. He made a 40%, so he definitely needs some home tutoring.

DS3 needed me to go over his vocabulary flashcards with him for tomorrow's unit test.

DS2 got lost in the shuffle, but he is homeschooled and I will catch up with him tomorrow.

DD finished her homework and earned several demerits along the way, which means she will spend an extra hour doing chores on Friday afternoon (she has a half-day at school).

I made sure that DD brushed her waist-length hair until there were no tangles in it, and then I braided it for bed.

I made sure that DS2 and DD took showers and washed their hair.

I made sure everyone brushed and flossed their teeth and washed their faces. I made DS1 put toothpaste on a big pimple to see if that remedy works (I read about it a long time ago and he is my guinea pig to see if it works.) The dog licked it off, so he had to go through the face washing and applying toothpaste again.

I made sure the parochial-schooled kids laid out their uniforms and found their ties for tomorrow (so I could tell whether I needed to do laundry and to keep them organized). I made sure they put their homework and schoolbooks in their backpacks and their lunch boxes in the kitchen.

I made dinner. Hot dogs and garlic bread. Such a balanced meal! But I made everyone eat a banana and have a glass of milk when they were hungry before dinner so some nutrition made it into their systems. I forgot to take meat out of the freezer to defrost last night.

We are in the middle of boot camp and I am the drill sargeant. Making sure everyone does what they are supposed to do, when and how they are supposed to do it, takes up every bit of my time from 2 pm until the last one finally goes to bed (namely, DS1 who took until 11:30 to finish his homework to my satisfaction).

Hopefully in a month or six weeks, my minute attention to every detail of the kids' lives will not be necessary.

Meanwhile, my husband picked up 3 kids from karate, ate dinner, discoursed at length to me about Japan opening its borders to trade with the U.S. thanks to Commodore Perry, and went to bed at 9 p.m.

I manicured my fingernails and put fresh polish on them.

I never did like supervising people, and I always did need a secretary (well, nowadays a personal assistant who is extremely organized and for whom it comes naturally).

RC