Menu

Big ol' hairy vent! Feel free to add your own

I hate it when you try to do the right thing, and then you get squashed because someone else thinks you can just pull money out of thin air. When you're barely making ends meet and you've only been on a job for 90 days and you're trying to dig out from almost two years of being underemployed, things don't magically fix themselves. But does anyone care? It's not a huge deal, just like that final mosquito bite that makes you go inside for the rest of the evening.

So feel free to add your own vent, or perhaps a kilt picture or two, or perhaps links to drinking songs of the Rohirrim.

I hate it when you try to do the right thing, and then you get squashed because someone else thinks you can just pull money out of thin air. When you're barely making ends meet and you've only been on a job for 90 days and you're trying to dig out from almost two years of being underemployed, things don't magically fix themselves. But does anyone care? It's not a huge deal, just like that final mosquito bite that makes you go inside for the rest of the evening.

So feel free to add your own vent, or perhaps a kilt picture or two, or perhaps links to drinking songs of the Rohirrim.

:lol: to the bolded. hehehehehe

I hate when people think, (just because you are nice) that they can volunteer you for stuff as if you don't have enough on your plate already.

I hate when people think because I'm home all day that I can do x,y and z for them. Hello! I homeschool people! I HAVE A JOB!!

I hate when you are fully aware of your character flaws and are working on them and you finally get something down and mastered and you hear, "so when are you going to start working on this other flaw of yours?" :glare:

Yeah! Hate that too!

And Sean just told me right now that he hates it when people treat us this way too! :p

sean-connery-in-kilt.jpg

Look, so how concerned he is?? :D

Jean, you rock.

Drinking Song

Ho! Ho! Ho! to the bottle I go

To heal my heart and drown my woe.

Rain may fall and wind may blow,

And many miles be still to go,

But under a tall tree I will lie,

And let the clouds go sailing by.

Awesome! I"m having a rum and coke right now after a hard day's work. (I've been cooking all day long and have yet to do the dishes :eek:) I raise my glass to you all!! Maidens of Rohan! :cheers2:

Awesome! I"m having a rum and coke right now after a hard day's work. (I've been cooking all day long and have yet to do the dishes :eek:) I raise my glass to you all!! Maidens of Rohan! :cheers2:

OMG!!! I'm having coffee, but about to go get some rum and coke. Truth is I don't like rum that much (I know, I know, I'd never make a good pirate), and I'm not about to go buy alcohol with my teary eyes, no make-up, and furry slippers. I do have SOME standards. So I'm going to try to make more coke than rum.

But Yes, a toast to the Maidens of Rohan!!!

It's either drink or do algebra, I need to get a few lessons ahead of ds. Wait, I know! Drink AND do algebra. I'll check the answers tomorrow.

I am a mere gnat compared to that, but the 700 are driving me crazy.

I procrastinate a bit! :p hehehe

OMG!!! I'm having coffee, but about to go get some rum and coke. Truth is I don't like rum that much (I know, I know, I'd never make a good pirate), and I'm not about to go buy alcohol with my teary eyes, no make-up, and furry slippers. I do have SOME standards. So I'm going to try to make more coke than rum.

It's either drink or do algebra, I need to get a few lessons ahead of ds. Wait, I know! Drink AND do algebra. I'll check the answers tomorrow.

Ay mija. I think you don't like rum because you probably haven't had good rum yet. Most of the rums sold in liquor stores are carp. Brugal. That's all you need to know. Brugal Anejo if you really want to be good to yourself.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I'm sorry you've been crying. I wish you could come to my house. I'd give you a drink and take you to the special place on the beach that nobody knows about, but me apparently. It's always empty and it's beautiful. When I'm sad, I go to the beach, sit at the shore for awhile and it's like the water just washes away my worries with the tide. It's very therapeutic. :grouphug::grouphug:

That is the only way I would consent to doing algebra :lol: I hate math

I procrastinate a bit! :p hehehe

Ay mija. I think you don't like rum because you probably haven't had good rum yet. Most of the rums sold in liquor stores are carp. Brugal. That's all you need to know. Brugal Anejo if you really want to be good to yourself.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I'm sorry you've been crying. I wish you could come to my house. I'd give you a drink and take you to the special place on the beach that nobody knows about, but me apparently. It's always empty and it's beautiful. When I'm sad, I go to the beach, sit at the shore for awhile and it's like the water just washes away my worries with the tide. It's very therapeutic. :grouphug::grouphug:

You live near a beach!!! I hate you, no wait, I want to come visit. We adore the beach, but are landlocked for a few more years. Toes in the sand therapy is my favorite kind.

When I am old I will live near the beach, hopefully it's not at this house because then that will mean the end of the world has happened. Mid-west does not equal beachfront.

I have no rum, but I raise a beer to you.

I am double fisting it tonight, XL mocha in 1 hand, coke in the other. NO rum for me. I need to be highly caffinated, I've been painting the boys room all day. Waiting for teh second coat to dry so I can tape off and prime then paint all the trim and the door. The kids are home tomorrow so working on a deadline here. I will raise one of my caffiene laden drinks to you instead of rum or beer. Any alcohol and I will be sleeping in the bucket of paint. :lol:

You live near a beach!!! I hate you, no wait, I want to come visit. We adore the beach, but are landlocked for a few more years. Toes in the sand therapy is my favorite kind.

When I am old I will live near the beach, hopefully it's not at this house because then that will mean the end of the world has happened. Mid-west does not equal beachfront.

She lives by the beach but also has mutant monster bugs! She told me. ANd barracudas and sharks to bite you in the ocean. Make sure you drink lots when you visit her so that you don't notice it all. :lol:

I have no rum, but I raise a beer to you.

All hail those who raise their glass.

Whatever be your poison, rum, beer, coke, or ale.

Posting pics, and talking shop,

Tomorrow we'll have lots of tales.

The world may not be aware of Hive

The power, the kilts, the cheers that go round.

Because typing on the keyboard makes little sound.

May you find a laugh, a smile this day.

And Sleep well into morning, no bad dreams in the way!

:hurray: bravo bravo!

I'm just under two miles from the beach. The one I take you too is a little futher up (maybe 5 miles) but it's worth it. It's so beautiful and quiet there and if it's summer you can see sea turtles. :)

This is my hometown beach (Ft. Lauderdale), but it's not where I live now. I"m further south near Miami now. :)

FtLauderdale.jpg

She lives by the beach but also has mutant monster bugs! She told me. ANd barracudas and sharks to bite you in the ocean. Make sure you drink lots when you visit her so that you don't notice it all. :lol:

LOL I told you the barracudas don't bite you unless you are wearing silver jewelry or happen to be swimming through a cloud of fish that they happen to be eating. That's the only reason I almost got bit. And I've swum these waters since I was a toddler and I've never been bit by a shark. Not even on a night dive when I saw a 12 foot shark up close. They're lazy and don't like the taste of people. hehe The bugs though, that is true unfortunately. shudder

Here's the last time we visited the beach, the gulf smiled at me. :D

Destin%2520054.JPG

That's a great pic! :D It does look like a smile! :)

Awesome!!! anim_clap.gif

That last one...he could be a Scottish redneck? Don't Brits consider all Scotts to be rednecks? Probably none of them can speak the Queen's English.

As long as he's tossing me around like that pole, I could care less. :tongue_smilie:Plus, you don't want to hear the Queen's English when there's that much skin involved.

Now see, Paula, just the fact that you actually DO the Algebra makes you a far better person than most. I am tipping back a lime-laden Corona in your honor.

I am sorry for your grief. You do not deserve it. :grouphug:

And justamouse - I have to say, your links are terrific. And if I hadn't been studying them so closely I might have missed the cool fact that your son is going to work the PGA tour. Golf is a Scottish game you know... surely you've bought a kilt for him?!!!

Now see, Paula, just the fact that you actually DO the Algebra makes you a far better person than most. I am tipping back a lime-laden Corona in your honor.

I am sorry for your grief. You do not deserve it. :grouphug:

And justamouse - I have to say, your links are terrific. And if I hadn't been studying them so closely I might have missed the cool fact that your son is going to work the PGA tour. Golf is a Scottish game you know... surely you've bought a kilt for him?!!!

A kilt upon the Green. Come on you know you should. (poke)

Are you kidding me? He would TOTALLY wear it. That kid wouldn't think twice about wearing a kilt.