Menu

What's the name of the diagramming book...?

mo2

Not sure it qualifies as a "small workbook", but Growing With Grammar starts sentence diagramming in Level 3, and is a workbook-style program where the student can go through it fairly independently.

ETA: Be sure to check out their scope and sequence before ordering Level 3, since I think the levels roughly correspond to grade level, and if you want a LOT of diagramming you would prob want a higher level, especially if you have an older child. I just know the diagramming *starts* in Level 3.

Edited by Glory

Perhaps it is just me, but this book goes from 0-60 rather quickly.

It is designed to teach diagramming to a student who already is familiar with the grammar. I personally use it after MCT's Grammar Town. I like it because it doesn't beat around the bush. I don't need something that spends a lot of time reviewing the terminology.

Rex Barks is published by promoters of Ayn Rand's Objectivist ideology and the forward was written by a leading Objectivist, Lisa Van Damme.

Just an FYI to those who wish to avoid such things.

Bill

But does the book itself promote these ideas?

I think this is actually the one I was thinking of, because I remember it being very inexpensive.

But, from what I have read about it, the CLP Basics of Diagramming book does not provide any practice, only examples for each type of grammar construct. For such a reference, you can use the diagrams from the free Guide to Grammar and Writing.