Menu

I laughed so hard I cried

I'm glad to know that we are not the only home that has sleep issues. My children are older, but due some anxiety issues, no one seems to sleep very well...except dh. We have the cat problem too (why do they walk all over me?? Pick someone else in this house!), as well as 2 dogs that are early risers.

I call it Musical Beds around our house. I am never exactly sure where I will wake up when the sun comes up.

I totally get this too.

thumbs up! I so get it, I get the cat coming in looking for me, too. With me, it's not the nursing anymore, but bad asthma at night.

I'm not nursing anymore either- now it's a snoring husband and/or sick kids and/or college kids coming home late (and loudly) at night.

I want my own man-cave.

Edited by PrincessMommy

Was anyone else stressed out that the cartoon baby was going to fall out of the bed??

Actually, I did notice that she hadn't drawn a rail guard on the side of the bed or anything, we have one with our baby who sleeps like that. I think she mentions or draws one on their bed in the home design post Katy linked though, if I'm remembering correctly.

What I don't understand is how she at no point mentions wanting to kill her husband. Because there are some times, when I'm awake in the middle of the night, listening to the snoring....

:lol:

Too funny!

YES! Last weekend, my husband was snoring so loud I slept on the couch. Since we're in a small apartment, it didn't help much. I was awake so I went to sit on our microscopic porch. I could still hear him. With the door closed. And all the windows closed. DH sleeps so heavy that he never hears the kids, ever. Not even the ones that walk up to his side of the bed and hit him with their plastic hammer. Not fazed.

YES! Last weekend, my husband was snoring so loud I slept on the couch. Since we're in a small apartment, it didn't help much. I was awake so I went to sit on our microscopic porch. I could still hear him. With the door closed. And all the windows closed. DH sleeps so heavy that he never hears the kids, ever. Not even the ones that walk up to his side of the bed and hit him with their plastic hammer. Not fazed.

Slept on the couch last night myself. A few years ago when we needed a replacement couch I purposely bought one that was comfortable for sleeping. With all the pillows off it's as big as an X-long twin bed. So I had a much better sleep. But, I woke up to a sick kid. I just can't win.

I keep reminding my husband that I want my own room someday. He gets insulted though. I don't think he realizes how resentful I am when I don't sleep because of his snoring.