Menu

Best sites for booking cheap flights?

We were recently watching tickets from Denver to Sao Paulo. We watched Travelocity and Orbitz, but had to check both multiple times/day in order to find a deal. After watching for a week or so we were able to recognize what's a good deal and jumped when we needed to.

Best of luck. International travel is so not cheap. Hope you find air travel that works. (creative layovers are your friend)

Do you have a travel agent there? Sometimes they can really help if you are open about your travel dates. They can sometimes figure out the cheapest combination of dates and layover tricks.

Otherwise I just start checking all the online sites like Orbitz, Kayak, Travelocity...

I have also had good luck just calling the airline directly, especially if I was able to fly one airline the whole way.

I've never found one site to be dependably better than any other as far as price or flight times. I always checked them all - I also would check the airline's OWN site, as occasionally, they had the best price.

Exactly this, except change that "occasionally" to "nearly always".

At least in my experiences which admittedly include minimal international travel.

ETA: I always start with the discount sites just to get an idea of the airlines that travel to/from a place, but they don't always have ALL of the airlines that travel through a specific airport.