Menu

Laundry Confession Time.

Yeah. I've been too depressed this week to face laundry. Ds had to wear khakis and a dress shirt to piano lesson today, because he had no clean jeans. I finally told him to start a load of his clothes. Meanwhile, there is a basket of clean whites that has been sitting in my room unfolded for more than a week.

Meanwhile, there is a basket of clean whites that has been sitting in my room unfolded for more than a week.

See, this is understandable, 'cause the white load always takes the longest to fold (at least with boys in the house). All those underwear, and socks to match, and there's *always* those socks with no matches to deal with. :glare:

I think you're justified. A week is nothing more than the blink of an eye! :D

See, this is understandable, 'cause the white load always takes the longest to fold (at least with boys in the house). All those underwear, and socks to match, and there's *always* those socks with no matches to deal with. :glare:

I think you're justified. A week is nothing more than the blink of an eye! :D

Aww. Thanks. You are completely correct about how long it takes to fold all those wash clothes, kitchen towels, pairs of underwear, socks. And only do laundry for 4! Do you have a stash place for all those stray socks? I do, and I would have never guessed how many different styles of white socks we have in one house. The weird thing is, they are all the same size. The 4 of us all, until very recently, had foot sizes within 1/2 size of each other. Ds12 now wears a men's 11 and his feet are still growing. :eek:

We have several small storage ottomans (ottomen? :D) and that is where all of the socks live. We only match my socks (because I'm particular about that), and dh's socks (because if you have to leave the house at 5 a.m. seven days a week you shouldn't have to search for your socks when getting ready :001_huh:). All of the kids have to match their own.

I still have two wax-covered tablecloths in my laundry room from Christmas. :glare:

Please, someone tell me to take care of them!

Anyone else have a nasty laundry confession to make? Misery loves company. :001_huh:

I just took care of wax on my jeans..... (iron and paper towels) so I could wash them (it got cold).

And (should I even say this) I found the shower curtain liner in the kid's bathroom..... I sure wish they had told me how bad it was. Along with discovering what the smell around the frig was (drip pan which is usually dry was NOT), it has been a week of discoveries.

Well, mine isn't laundry...

But yesterday I finally got around to cleaning up the icing bags and tips from DECEMBER. I had shoved them into a cabinet before a house showing. Sad thing is...I didn't forget about them. I just didn't clean them.

After sitting for that long...I realized it would have been much easier to clean them BEFORE they set up like concrete.

Well, mine isn't laundry...

But yesterday I finally got around to cleaning up the icing bags and tips from DECEMBER. I had shoved them into a cabinet before a house showing. Sad thing is...I didn't forget about them. I just didn't clean them.

After sitting for that long...I realized it would have been much easier to clean them BEFORE they set up like concrete.

Sister!! :thumbup:

I do this all the time, but my version is to throw them in the freezer "for later", lol!

I've had a pile of clean laundry on my couch for the last 10 days. It's just sitting there waiting to be folded. I'm waiting for the laundry fairy to do it;). I hate, hate, hate folding laundry. You just sit there and do the same thing over and over again. I have volunteered to clean toilets instead of folding laundry. At least you may discover something interesting in the toilet.

Oh, coming clean will be good for your soul (or at the very least it will be entertaining to the rest of us :D). Do tell? :bigear:

Since it's finally soaking in hot water, laundry soap and bleach......

Last week our puppy peed on dh's down comforter. I had forgotten all about it until this thread! I have been sleeping on the couch to keep an eye on my dog who was injured last week and is in a lot of pain. Not sleeping in bed, it was easy to forget about. We each have our own down comforter and share the top blanket. This way I can keep some blankets to myself!

My mother would be horrified to see how I do laundry. She taught me right. Sort by color and fabric. I do neither, nor do I use bleach. I don't have time. Besides, colors don't run like they used to, kids' clothes don't get used long enough for it to matter, and who cares if my undies are white or off-white?

But, I'm pretty good about keeping up with the laundry. I like to fold stuff as it's coming out of the dryer, put it away, and be done with it. Folding and putting away do not bother me at all.

I have Mt. Laundry on my sofa too....I absolutely hate folding and putting it up. DH will fold it but it rarely gets up the stairs. In my next house I absolutely do not want any stairs! I also don't separate much either just throw it in and hope for the best! Every now and then I will get a wild hair and bleach socks and undies but most of the time I don't.:leaving:

Get out your timers, ladies. I dare you. See what you can get done in the next 15 minutes. Recruit help if you need to! ;)

Awwwww.... (Bethany said in her most whiney voice).

But then I'd have to get up.

:D

Actually, Zee is waiting for me to take him to the grocery store. Moose had an epiphany at dinner tonight while staring at the mustard bottle, and has asked me to serve hotdogs on buns with mustard for lunch tomorrow. And he was SO sweet about it, and SO excited about it, that I just *have* to go buy them. Hoping to find some of the nitrate/nitirite free kind. Oh, and Zee wants to come to look for dropped change at the self checkout, since that's his favorite pass time.

But when I get home, It's all laundry. I promise.

Kind of.

Awwwww.... (Bethany said in her most whiney voice).

But then I'd have to get up.

Actually, Zee is waiting for me to take him to the grocery store. Moose had an epiphany at dinner tonight while staring at the mustard bottle, and has asked me to serve hotdogs on buns with mustard for lunch tomorrow. And he was SO sweet about it, and SO excited about it, that I just *have* to go buy them. Hoping to find some of the nitrate/nitirite free kind. Oh, and Zee wants to come to look for dropped change at the self checkout, since that's his favorite pass time.

But when I get home, It's all laundry. I promise.

Kind of.

When it really piles up, I gather all of the dc. They each have their appointed place to sit in the family room, and when they hear mom yell, "I'm gonna deal out laundry!!" they know to assume their positions.

Then I toss each one their laundry, along with another category. For instance, oldest dd gets hers, and mine. Youngest ds gets his and his dad's. Youngest dd gets hers and all of the kitchen towels & rags. Middle ds gets his stuff, and all of the bath towels, etc. They fold their stuff, and their pile of other stuff, and then put their two piles away. The trick is not to look too carefully, 'cause really, in the end, *it doesn't matter* if the stuff is folded exactly the way I would do it. The most careful folder gets my stuff, because I do care how my stuff is. Even my young kids participated in this, btw. They got their own stuff, and then the washcloths & hand towels.

It doesn't take us very long to whip through an entire mountain of clean laundry this way. All I have to do is toss each item to the right person. In roughly 20 minutes the evidence is gone. :D

Martha Stewart, I am not. Obviously. :lol:

I'm back home, and wouldn't you know it, the laundry did NOT disapear while I was gone like I was hoping.

When it really piles up, I gather all of the dc. They each have their appointed place to sit in the family room, and when they hear mom yell, "I'm gonna deal out laundry!!" they know to assume their positions.

Then I toss each one their laundry, along with another category. For instance, oldest dd gets hers, and mine. Youngest ds gets his and his dad's. Youngest dd gets hers and all of the kitchen towels & rags. Middle ds gets his stuff, and all of the bath towels, etc. They fold their stuff, and their pile of other stuff, and then put their two piles away. The trick is not to look too carefully, 'cause really, in the end, *it doesn't matter* if the stuff is folded exactly the way I would do it. The most careful folder gets my stuff, because I do care how my stuff is. Even my young kids participated in this, btw. They got their own stuff, and then the washcloths & hand towels.

It doesn't take us very long to whip through an entire mountain of clean laundry this way. All I have to do is toss each item to the right person. In roughly 20 minutes the evidence is gone. :D

Martha Stewart, I am not. Obviously. :lol:

Genius.

I don't make the boys fold (yet, anyway), but I will give them sorted piles as they get done to put away. That does help.

So how's that tablecloth, Julie?:toetap05:

Ha! BUSTED! :lol:

Ha! BUSTED! :lol:

Actually....HA! It's done. Folded. Back with the other tablecloths. :cheers2:

And all of my other laundry is done & put away.

And my kitchen sink is empty & clean.

AND I took my walk and ran for 2 minutes straight. It wasn't fast, it definitely wan't pretty, but it was TWO WHOLE MINUTES!

I also cleaned about 1/4 of my voluminous and shockingly messy pantry, and I cleaned my big cabinet where I keep all of my baking equipment (4ft wide x 8' tall).

Yes, today I am superwoman, hear me whine. :D

AND I took my walk and ran for 2 minutes straight. It wasn't fast, it definitely wan't pretty, but it was TWO WHOLE MINUTES!

I also cleaned about 1/4 of my voluminous and shockingly messy pantry, and I cleaned my big cabinet where I keep all of my baking equipment (4ft wide x 8' tall).

:001_huh: :blush:

Yay Julie! :D

:hurray::hurray:

You should be proud of yourself!!!