Menu

Prayer Request

In some ways this seems trivial, but I'm going to ask if anyone would pray about something. My in-laws gave me $300 for Christmas, and I've lost it somewhere here in the house. I really need a few things personally that I've put off buying because I knew they would be giving me money for Christmas. I had it in an envelope (bad idea!), but I did a lot of cleaning around the New Year, so I'm afraid I threw it out or something. Please pray I find it.

I will pray and it's NOT trivial! I lost two checks just a short time ago and asked for prayers on this forum. Didn't find them, but I think they got thrown out mixed in with junk mail.

Lots of people prayed for me! :grouphug:

ETA: Is it cash?

ETA (again): Love your blog!

Edited by PentecostalMom

I will pray and it's NOT trivial! I lost two checks just a short time ago and asked for prayers on this forum. Didn't find them, but I think they got thrown out mixed in with junk mail.

Lots of people prayed for me! :grouphug:

ETA: Is it cash?

ETA (again): Love your blog!

I'm sorry you didn't find yours, but were you able to get them replaced since they were checks? Mine is cash. Thanks about the blog. I wanted to keep it up, but I just need to make the time and commitment. I tend to fall in the trap of all or nothing, but I shouldn't do that.

Praying that you will find it -- it's such a horrible feeling to lose something and worry that it was accidentally thrown away! :grouphug:

BTW, it doesn't seem trivial to me. I know that many of the prayer requests are for major, life-altering situations, but that doesn't mean that "smaller" stuff doesn't matter, as well. My feeling is that if something is upsetting you, that's reason enough for me to say a prayer for you. It doesn't have to be a huge crisis to make you lose sleep over it -- I have driven myself crazy worrying about where I put something! :)

I'll put in a good word for you with St. Anthony. I know it sounds nuts, but he always helps me find stuff when I lose it. (And before anyone starts a debate about the whole St. Anthony/Catholic thing, please remember that if you disagree with me, I won't ask him to help you the next time you misplace something. ;) I know that's cruel, but it's fair. :D)

Edited by Catwoman

Thank you all for praying! I looked and looked yesterday before I had to leave town and didn't find it. I called my dh and asked him to wait about taking any trash off. I had to come to help my mother for a couple of days and won't be back home until Tuesday night late. I'll let you all know if I find it in the trash or not.