Menu

AHHH!! Buying the same book twice.

I am combing through a closet to find an old book, and what do I come across? Why it's Vocabulary from Classical Roots B! Groan. This is why I am not a good stockpiler or krazy coupon lady. I bought this book in August to put away for second semester, then forgot about it. Two weeks ago, I purchased the whole set again. AHHHHHHHHHH:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Just yesterday, my Post Office had a sale, and included were packs of 4 classic books. I was checking through them, and there was an F. Scott Fitzgerald pack, and I'd only already had The Great Gatsby, so I grabbed that 4pack. Then I saw a Jane Austen pack, and while looking at that, a friend said hello, and we had a little chat. I went to the counter with both packs, and bought them. When I got home, promptly ripped open the plastic wrapping, and discovered 3 of the Jane Austen books I already have! :cursing: And the worst bit is that if I'd looked at it properly in the shop I wouldn't have bought it! And if I'd looked before ripping off the plastic, I could have returned the pack! :banghead: Oh, well, now I have 3 Jane Austen's to give away, and 1 F. Scott Fitzgerald!

Librarything.com
Yep. :D This is what saved me. I used to double up all the time, and now do far less often. And a smart phone to use to check librarything when you are out. (Or call someone with computer access and have them check, which is what I did before DH got me an Android phone.)