Menu

Exercise Thread 1/1 - 1/7

DVD workout last night...I had been looking for this so I could complain about somehow hurting my neck while doing JM No More Trouble Zones :glare: She does too many lunges for my poor knees, I end up doing a lot of modifications...or actually completely different exercises when she does long stretches of moves that are hard on the knees!

Walked an hour on the treadmill this morning :D

My 23 yodd recently gave me a pair of her old jeans...and they fit!! Can I just say how good that felt :lol:

That's awesome! :D

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DVD workout last night...I had been looking for this so I could complain about somehow hurting my neck while doing JM No More Trouble Zones :glare: She does too many lunges for my poor knees, I end up doing a lot of modifications...or actually completely different exercises when she does long stretches of moves that are hard on the knees!

Walked an hour on the treadmill this morning :D

My 23 yodd recently gave me a pair of her old jeans...and they fit!! Can I just say how good that felt :lol:

Congrats on the jeans!!!!!

I love JM -- but she has been murder on my knees. :glare: I've been a distance runner 30 years and have never had a problem with my knees till doing her jumping jacks.

I modify ANYTHING of hers that requires a lateral knee movement -- funny, lunges do not bother me, but anything lateral of twisting with the knee (moguls) - forget it -- I do something else. FWIW, I think that No More Trouble Zones is one of her more challenging dvds. I am doing Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and trying to gear myself up for NMTZ.

OMG -- I feel like a slug. Dh is doing P90X (2) -- I am still doing my own thing building core strength and losing lbs.

I am very proud of myself -- today I was able to do a burpee -- finally!I have always been unable to just let go -- today I did them! YAY!

Sunday 1/1/12: JM Shed and Shred; elliptical - 50 minutes

Monday 1/2/12: JM Shed and Shred; elliptical - 50 minutes

Tuesday 1/3/12: JM Banish Fat Boost Metabolism; elliptical - 45 minutes

ApronMama -- You CAN do P90X -- I goofed around with it yesterday and during the summer -- you can do it.

In no way, shape, or form are you a slug!! That's a LOT of exercising!!

Wednesday: Jillian Michael's NMTZ with 8-lb weights on all but the first circuit (5-lbers there)

I have NO idea why, but this video has gotten so hard for me to do! I used to do it three times a week!!! Well, almost all of it. I think there were two circuits I only did one time through instead of two times through because of time constraints of homeshooling (I used to exercise early, before we started school and before I even ate breakfast). At any rate, although I have increased my weights from 5- to 8-lbs on all but the first circuit, it now wipes me out like no other. I have to take breaks along the way, etc. etc. :001_huh:

First time poster on this thread-- I'm trying to stay consistent with my workouts since I seem to have put on about 4 pounds over the holidays :glare: I am very impressed with y'all reading through these!

Sunday nada

Monday, Yoga Express at neighborhood yoga studio, 45 minutes

Tuesday, Flow Yoga at yoga studio, 1 hr 15 mins

Wednesday, brisk walk, 1 hr.

That's awesome! :D

Congrats on the jeans!!!!!

I love JM -- but she has been murder on my knees. :glare: I've been a distance runner 30 years and have never had a problem with my knees till doing her jumping jacks.

I modify ANYTHING of hers that requires a lateral knee movement -- funny, lunges do not bother me, but anything lateral of twisting with the knee (moguls) - forget it -- I do something else. FWIW, I think that No More Trouble Zones is one of her more challenging dvds. I am doing Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and trying to gear myself up for NMTZ.

Thank you both! I did the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism today...eh. I like the planks...I like that I can do them lol! Again, many modifications for me. I like Ellen better.

Reading this thread made me sad. I only walked 4 miles, with the kids today! LOL I need to bump it up

this is impressive! :D

OMG -- I feel like a slug. Dh is doing P90X (2) -- I am still doing my own thing building core strength and losing lbs.

I am very proud of myself -- today I was able to do a burpee -- finally!I have always been unable to just let go -- today I did them! YAY!

Sunday 1/1/12: JM Shed and Shred; elliptical - 50 minutes

Monday 1/2/12: JM Shed and Shred; elliptical - 50 minutes

Tuesday 1/3/12: JM Banish Fat Boost Metabolism; elliptical - 45 minutes

ApronMama -- You CAN do P90X -- I goofed around with it yesterday and during the summer -- you can do it.

SLUG????? Yea right! You're doing a TON of exercising!!! How does your dh like P90X2? How long has he been doing it?

Reading this thread made me sad. I only walked 4 miles, with the kids today! LOL I need to bump it up

Great job! 4 miles is a lot of exercise!

Today I did P90X2 Recovery. That's not the real name of it - maybe recovery and mobility? Anyway, lots of stretching! Loved it!

SLUG????? Yea right! You're doing a TON of exercising!!! How does your dh like P90X2? How long has he been doing it?

Today I did P90X2 Recovery. That's not the real name of it - maybe recovery and mobility? Anyway, lots of stretching! Loved it!

In red, he LOVES it -- it was his Christmas gift to himself. And, thank you for your kind words -- I have REAL body image/workout expectation issues.

I did my yoga. I surprised myself when my hands touched each other above my head, with my elbows straight. cool. I'm getting more flexible along with the increase in balance.

That's awesome! I love discovering a Yoga pose that I can now do "right" that I couldn't do before. Like the first time I did a seated forward bend and could actually touch my forehead to my knees! It both hurt like heck and felt really great at the same time. :lol:

yesterday- fought with kitchen sink. I'm sure I burnt calories cursing at it under my breath. :tongue_smilie:

today- nothing yet- spent morning at Dr.'s office. The good news is that there was no evidence of active Crohn's. Although I have divicusomethingorother, and he told me to not eat whole seeds. I need to grind them first. So no more of my favorite GF crackers.

Negin, I own that Austen DVD. I love it for when I want/need a quick reliable workout. What diet are you on?

yesterday- fought with kitchen sink. I'm sure I burnt calories cursing at it under my breath. :tongue_smilie:

today- nothing yet- spent morning at Dr.'s office. The good news is that there was no evidence of active Crohn's. Although I have divicusomethingorother, and he told me to not eat whole seeds. I need to grind them first. So no more of my favorite GF crackers.

Negin, I own that Austen DVD. I love it for when I want/need a quick reliable workout. What diet are you on?

Diverticulitis?

P90X2 Total Body and X2 Ab Ripper

Wed. - swimming

Thurs. plan - Zumba

My plans are just not meshing with dh's this week. I had to miss Zumba again:crying: but put in 40 min. on the elliptical trainer.

Swimming is such a hard workout! I'm a bad swimmer. I can keep myself from going under, but not for very long. Never learned to swim properly or well.

Well, I'm just teaching myself to swim so I doubt I burn a lot of calories on swim nights. People here have been helpful in giving me tips. Coincidentally, I had asked here for info. on breathing while swimming and last night I discovered the source of my problem. I do great with swimming with my head under (and breathing to the side ) while in the warmer kiddie pool but when I go in the colder lap pool my muscles contract and I can't get a good breath.

TurboFire HIIT 15

I wanted to do something longer but DS had trouble with his math today so we schooled through the baby's nap. By the time I had a few minutes exercise she was wide awake and fussing. I put her in the exersaucer and squeaked out my workout. She whined the whole time but I got it done!

Rodney Yee: Yoga Burn

Yes, that's a calorie-burner for sure :). Hope you got it sorted out by now.

Although I have divicusomethingorother, and he told me to not eat whole seeds. I need to grind them first. So no more of my favorite GF crackers.

Diverticulitis? Sorry you can't have your favorite crackers. That's not fun. :glare:

What diet are you on?

hcg

Diverticulitis?

Yes, he said, "don't worry about it though as lots of people have it. It's common. Even I have it." Well, okay then. :)

hcg

I have no idea what that means.

I did Crunch:CardioSculpt followed with 15 minutes of yoga. My 7 yr old joined me for the yoga. He likes it and I encourage him to do yoga. I'm hoping it will improve his posture. He slumps horribly.

I feel so good now. Awake, refreshed, and stretched.

That's awesome! I love discovering a Yoga pose that I can now do "right" that I couldn't do before. Like the first time I did a seated forward bend and could actually touch my forehead to my knees! It both hurt like heck and felt really great at the same time. :lol:

Nice!!! Don't you love that?

I did P90X2 Yoga today and LOVED it!!!!

Yes, he said, "don't worry about it though as lots of people have it. It's common. Even I have it." Well, okay then. :)

I have no idea what that means.

I did Crunch:CardioSculpt followed with 15 minutes of yoga. My 7 yr old joined me for the yoga. He likes it and I encourage him to do yoga. I'm hoping it will improve his posture. He slumps horribly.

I feel so good now. Awake, refreshed, and stretched.

Diverticulitis can be really scary and life threatening. If you follow MMA, Brock Lesnar nearly ended up with a colostomy bag. As it is, he lost some of his innards. So it is not nothing.

Thursday - Brazil Butt Lift: High & Tight

Friday - Brazil Butt Lift: Bum Bum (to make up for not doing it yesterday!) and Sculpt with 10-lb weights.

Pump! is in route! Supposed to be here today via FedEx. I sooooo hope it arrives. I would really like to start this on Monday!

So I searched for a preview of Pump! on You Tube, and is it the one with the bar weights? How heavy do they have to be? And how do you store them? I have a very small house with very limited storage space, so I mostly do workouts that don't require more than a mat and some hand weights, but this one looks interesting.

So I searched for a preview of Pump! on You Tube, and is it the one with the bar weights? How heavy do they have to be? And how do you store them? I have a very small house with very limited storage space, so I mostly do workouts that don't require more than a mat and some hand weights, but this one looks interesting.

Yes and the bar collapses. Your inbox is full. The equipment is specially designed for quick release. The changing of weights is fast. The plates are 5lbs and 10lbs.

Your inbox is full.

Diverticulitis can be really scary and life threatening. If you follow MMA, Brock Lesnar nearly ended up with a colostomy bag. As it is, he lost some of his innards. So it is not nothing.

Thanks for the warm fuzzy. ;) I looked it up. What he said I have is diverticulosis. I'll up my fiber intake especially know that I eat gf. Interesting that this site said one can continue eating seeds.

Pump! is in route! Supposed to be here today via FedEx. I sooooo hope it arrives. I would really like to start this on Monday!

Pump! has arrived! Oh, my! All the weights were in one box! I got the deluxe version.

As excited as I am, I probably won't look at it until tomorrow or Sunday afternoon. Lots going on this weekend beginning with watching the Arkansas Razorbacks playing Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl! GO HOGS!

That is, btw, why I am "Hoggirl" - b/c I am an Arkansas Razorback fan. Not because I AM a hog or raise hogs or anything like that. :D Though I do sometimes snort if I laugh really hard :lol:.

Stott Pilates: Firm & Fit - great for introduction to Pilates and for those who don't have access to a class

Stott_DVD_photo.jpg

I did Crunch:CardioSculpt followed with 15 minutes of yoga. My 7 yr old joined me for the yoga.

I think, if my memory serves me correctly, that this was one of many that I ordered in the recent fabulous sale at Total Fitness DVDs. I like the Crunch DVDs. :)

My dc used to take yoga classes. The teacher's not here anymore and they're not interested for now. I hope they take it up again someday. Our ds needs all the help he can with posture. I have to keep nagging him to sit up. I really dislike nagging. :glare: