Menu

Fascinating 15 minute talk leading to a free language learning program.

I just watched this on youtube: Luis von Ahn: Massive-scale online collaboration,

. Not only is the content absolutely fascinating but it leads up to introducing a new language learning program that will be absolutely free. The program is currently in beta testing and there is a waiting list. The video explains it very well. Anyhow, I signed up and I know that there are people here who will be interested as well.

Guest submarines

Fascinating. I love this project. Very curious about how it would actually work for the users in terms of language learning. Signed up. Thanks for sharing! :D

Guest submarines
That was just fascinating. What great, innovating thinkers this world has!

ETA: I just signed up.

ETAA: am I the only one who never knew what a captcha was?

Lisa

I didn't know they were called captchas either. And I certainly didn't know the re-captchas were useful. Lately my yahoo account wants me to do them more often. I'm not annoyed anymore :D.

But sneaky of them, too. I wonder what else that we do on-line is being used for something entirely unrelated.

The whole concept of users digitizing books without even knowing it, is both fascinating and somewhat creepy.

That was so interesting! An enjoyable and informative presentation.

I was wowed when he said that we need to start the translating because computers won't be good enough to do it for another 15-20 years - that's like the blink of an eye! Things are just moving so quickly.

I just watched this on youtube: Luis von Ahn: Massive-scale online collaboration,
. Not only is the content absolutely fascinating but it leads up to introducing a new language learning program that will be absolutely free. The program is currently in beta testing and there is a waiting list. The video explains it very well. Anyhow, I signed up and I know that there are people here who will be interested as well.

Thanks for posting this! I look forward to seeing how the program works.